Author Topic: Export Playlist to Device as WPL  (Read 6728 times)

Coffeeist

Hello,

I use Bee to sync to Windows Phone, because I don't (and don't wish to) subscribe to any services like Pandora, Xbox Music, etc. I prefer to curate my own music, put it into my own big library, and make playlists for the selection I want on my Lumia.

Now, on Windows Phone 8, it worked great! I'd sync two playlists (as PLAs) onto my phone, and the playlists as well as the music in them ended up on my phone. Smooth an easy.

Unfortunately, with the update to WP8.1, it seems Microsoft shot down support for PLA files on Windows Phone, and now only supports WPL. Now, when I sync through Bee, all the correct music ends up on my phone, but the phone doesn't recognize any playlists, so I just have a library of everything I want on my device. This happens regardless of what music player I use.

I've heard the Bee can manually export WPLs, so for now I'll try syncing songs as I have, and manually copying the two playlist files, but it would be nice if a future update allowed me to directly sync WPL files.

Thanks

Steven

• Administrator
can you point me to a link which has this information?
I find it hard to believe they removed support .PLA format as thats a standard format for MTP device playlists

Zekamashi

This idea has my vote.
.PLA files are still supported, but only for the default player, which I and many other people dislike using. I've finally found what may be a decent offline music player for my Windows Phone but it only support .wpl format.
Avid users of auto-playlists will agree that it'd be helpful to have them exported automatically in a way allowing for use of various other apps.
Thanks!

so_la_la

I can see .pla-playlists I have exported from MB in MixRadio.
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage

Zekamashi

decent offline music player

MixRadio is *OK* but too heavy for my budget phone. The player I want to use is a lot better in my opinion, but needs WPL.

Steven

• Administrator
i have added WPL support for device synching, however i am unable to confirm whether the file links in the playlist would work ok.
Its in the next v2.5 update

Zekamashi

i have added WPL support for device synching, however i am unable to confirm whether the file links in the playlist would work ok.
Its in the next v2.5 update
That's great, thank you!

Steven

• Administrator

MiTo

Would it be possible to add WPL support also for synching non-MTP devices (like USB-sticks)?

I've installed the patch above, and get the WPL option when configuring synchronization for my Android device (MTP), but not when configuring my USB-stick. Hope this is just a very small effort to add it for non-MTP as well.

Background: I'm using USB sticks for playing mp3 songs in my car. Although it supports M3U playlists, the car music player messes up those lists after a few days (internal car player issue). No problems when using WPL.

Coffeeist

Sorry to sorta necropost but I'll give this a go ASAP... been spending some serious time reorganizing my library having just imported my music to a new PC. Thanks so much for adding it in!
Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 05:58:57 AM by Coffeeist