Author Topic: Show Player in left sidebar bottom  (Read 3329 times)

V4lve

I use MusicBee mostly as a manager rather than a player.  To gain more screen space would be nice to be able to show the player at the bottom of the left sidebar.  Perhaps with an option to show just the selected/playing album art.

Steven

• Administrator
that was going to be the thing i do next as it happens

V4lve

I have been wondering for a while if it might be worth introducing some distinct "modes" that can be used to put MusicBee in to specific configurations (to support a handful of principle use cases).   Would be a good way to reduce some of MusicBee's complexity for specific users.

Intially a lite mode would be useful.  One that focuses on navigation, playing, track editing (inbox only?) and managing external devices.  Everything else would be hidden.

Other modes might be:

Player:  A navigation, information, player focused mode.  Editing can be disabled (or only allowed in the inbox?).
Party: Very simple kiosk based playlist, queueing and player mode.  No editing, ripping, changing skins. Very limited preferences etc
Manager: A navigation and editor focused mode.  Player is minimal.
None: Standard MusicBee
Custom: A DIY mode.

Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 09:32:32 AM by V4lve

chorpo

I have been wondering for a while if it might be worth introducing some distinct "modes" that can be used to put MusicBee in to specific configurations (to support a handful of principle use cases).   Would be a good way to reduce some of MusicBee's complexity for specific users.

Intially a lite mode would be useful.  One that focuses on navigation, playing, track editing (inbox only?) and managing external devices.  Everything else would be hidden.

Other modes might be:

Player:  A navigation, information, player focused mode.  Editing can be disabled (or only allowed in the inbox?).
Party: Very simple kiosk based playlist, queueing and player mode.  No editing, ripping, changing skins. Very limited preferences etc
Manager: A navigation and editor focused mode.  Player is minimal.
None: Standard MusicBee
Custom: A DIY mode.

+1 for V4lve's suggestions