Author Topic: Simple Question: Synced and Unsynced Lyrics  (Read 14988 times)

so_la_la

Hi,
can someone pls explain to me in a few words the difference between Synced and Unsynced Lyrics?
Is there a way to make Unsynced lyrics synced lyrics in the edit pane? I have a bunch of songs with Lyrics unsynced.
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage

Roadrunner

In synched lyrics, the current playing line will be shown in another color. To prepare a song manually look at:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=7974.msg48714#msg48714

so_la_la

Thank you for the link. But following hte instruction will still result in the box "unsynced lyrics" ticked.
After all, what is the difference between synced and unsynced lyrics?
Are there issues when moving/copying the file to another device or reading the file with another player?
Or are these just a different tags?

Edit: I also have files with unsynced lyrics that show after applying the filter "missing lyrics"...
Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:00:03 PM by so_la_la
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage

bilbo_b

Synced Lyrics have Timestamps for every "Newline". If you play a Title and the time moves on and you reach the Timestamp on a Line, this Line will be Highlighted as long as you reach the next Timestamp. I use this specially for Tracklists in DJ Mixes.

ChristopherE

The easy way to make lyrics sync is to get hold of minilyrics by crintsoft. A quick google search will find it. The app has an editor that is easy to use and lets you make or correct synced lyrics. Although you can buy it you don't need to do that if all you want to do is edit lyrics. Minilryics has support for musicbee.

so_la_la

Thanks to ChrisE and BilboB! Now I get it!
Sync does not refer to the state of the tag, file or the database as such but to the relation of the lyrics to the actual audio file (like subitles for a film).
I was mistaken by the idea of unsynchronised tags (both MusicBee and MediaMonkey have this) and thought that unsynced lyrics were somehow more provisional than synced lyrics...

ChristopherE

The handy thing with musicbee is that if you like on a lyrics line with synced lyrics the music jumps to that part in the song.

so_la_la

By the way:
When I write lyrics through MB's builtin lyrics fetcher MB displays these lyrics alright but MediaMonkey doesn't, not even if I force synchronise tags in MB.
When I write lyrics through MediaMonkey's Lyricator script these lyrics also display in MB. Hm, any ideas?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Have you set MusicBee to save the lyrics to the file, in Tags Preferences?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

so_la_la

Thanks for the reply. But all I have under options are options for lyrics when autotagging of the currently playing song which is not what I do.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
What do you have selected for Lyrics storage at the bottom of Tags (1)?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

so_la_la

...embed lyrics in music file.
However the problem seems to be that MB syncs its tags with the files updated by MediaMonkey and the other way round. I wanted to force both programmes to accept each other's unsynced lyrics but seem to have achieved the opposite: each programme erased the lyrics of the other programme.
D**n.
Now I can have the programme scan again, I have only tagged A, B and C music so far but each letter took me three hours no matter what programme I used.

so_la_la

...and I keep having strange issues:

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm not seeing the issue there.  What is it?

Edit: Nevermind, I see the problem.  I have a small screen so it was hard to see all parts of it at once, sorry.  That is strange.
Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 12:07:24 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This may be solved now.  Check the latest updated and see if you're still getting it.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)