Author Topic: album cover: finding in directory / storing album art in mb library  (Read 5642 times)

ben.

hello guys, wanted to ask you, if its possible to tell musicbee how to search for an album cover in the mp3 folder. atm its looking for: 1. Cover.*, 2. Artwork.* 3. Front.* etc etc. i am able to change the order... whats about adding the ability to define a rulesets with own wildcards.. like "*-cover.jpeg" "*.jpeg" etc. what do you guys think about that?

okay and my other question is, how to setup musicbee to retrieve the album cover from a currently playing track and storing that album cover in the musicbee librarydb.. that way it wont "alter/change/touch" my original mp3 file.

greets, ben.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
To keep the art from being added to you files, just uncheck "embed picture in the music file".  You'll need to select another storage option, of course, but then you can safely check "auto-retrieve missing artwork" and "save without prompt" and your files won't be bothered.  There's no way to store the artwork just in the database, you have to save it somewhere.

For any artwork that doesn't fit the other options, you can include the *.* retrieval filter.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

ben.

okay, so what setting should i take to store my album covers in "C:\Users\Username\Music\MusicBee\Album Covers"?
i think the user should get his own options/filters to search for an album cover in a music directory. "*.*" doesnt make sense for me, as there are hundrets of naming types in musicdirectories.

ben.

so theres no way to set a standard path for storing all album covers? would about getting that feature added in preferences?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can use the "link to the original image" option if artwork is not in the album folder, but there's no way to have MB automatically find artwork outside the folder.  You'd need to make a wishlist request for this.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
okay, so what setting should i take to store my album covers in "C:\Users\Username\Music\MusicBee\Album Covers"?

Put your path and naming template in the box under
'copy to the same folder as the music file and name as:' and tick that option

the full path in mine is
Code
S:\My Music\Cover Art\+Linked\$Group($Sort(<Album Artist>),1)\$Sort(<Album Artist>)\$Sort(<Album>)\$If($Or(<Release Type>="Single [45]",<Release Type>="Single [78rpm]"),<Album><Track#>_Cover.jpg,<Album>_Cover.jpg)

when you click 'Apply' the set path will become an option in Retrieval Filter.

If your existing covers match the naming template, when you 'Rescan Artwork', MB will link them to the tracks

You will still have to manually link back covers and other images for artwork rotation for each track.
Automation of that, is something I already have in the 'Wish List'.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

ben.

bee-liever, i think thats exactly what i was asking for :) simply awesome :)