Author Topic: Tagging via Fingerprint?  (Read 2260 times)

bilbo_b

Hello again,

at the time, my old Music Collection will be scanned by MusicBee. But i have found some Albums with "Various Artists" and if i look at the Titles in this Album, it seems so, that all Titles and not only the Album have this Artist. Since i cant remember, the correct Artist of every Track, i wonder if there is a way to find the Tags automaticly via some Type of "Fingerprint" Method. I can rememeber back in my Linux Days, that there was a some program which could connect to the Internet, scans my MP3 Files and reaches a Fingerprint of the Music to some Server and as a Result, i get all the needed MP3 Tags back.

Is there such a Functionality in MusicBee available?

Pingaware

Right click on the affected tracks. Auto-Tag by Track>Identify Track and Update Tags. This'll use the fingerprinting method. Pretty accurate, though it struggles (as would be expected) with more obscure stuff. Assuming the albums are tagged correctly, you could also try Auto-Tag by Album. Not used that though, so not sure exactly how it works.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

bilbo_b

Ahh thx. Do you know, where the Infos are com from? I mean is this MusicBrainz or Shazam or any other?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The finger prints use MusicBrainz, I'm pretty sure.  If you use auto-tag by album, you can choose from MusicBrainz, Discogs and FreeDB (assuming something is found from each source).
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

bilbo_b

Many thx. At this time, i couldnt identify my Tracks. But i think DeepHouse Mix Albums are not so widespread. So i should try some other Ways to identify my Music. But many thx. It feels great to work with MusicBee compared to other like MediaMonkey or Windows Media Player.