Author Topic: Help! Can't get my music into musicbee  (Read 4267 times)

zedvaint

Hi,

apparently I am missing something about how to import of music into the library works - even though I pointed the library to my music files it doesn't recognize any. However I can navigate to the files though the fileexplorer-thing in musicbee and play them from there. Importing just ONE artist into the library at a time works as well - but I have got way to much music to do all that manually.

To me it seems like there is a limit on how deep musicbee looks into folders? My music files are stored on a seperate ntfs drive and ordered like this: D:/Music/Musik/Artist/Artist-Album/. So when I point musicbee to D:/Music/Musik/Artist/ it works, but it doesn't work just with D:/Music/Musik/

Advice?

Pingaware

Are you sure they're not just in the inbox? My setup has at least that many sub-folders, and MB has no problem finding my files. Additionally, this sort of thing would definitely have been reported before if it was a common problem.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

zedvaint

Unfortunately yes - Inbox is empty and the import dialog tells me there were no files to be imported.

Pingaware

Anything in the error log? (Help>Support>View Error Log)

What version of MB are you using? If not the latest patch, try downloading it (follow instructions here)

Any localisation settings active on your PC? They sometimes cause issues.

Sorry this is all a bit vague, I'm just trying to narrow down any possible causes. Hopefully someone more experienced will be able to help soon.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Alumni

apparently I am missing something about how to import of music into the library works - even though I pointed the library to my music files it doesn't recognize any.

How are you importing your library, with the rescan/add files function, or with scanned/monitored folders?

zedvaint

...I think I just got an idea what is going on: It looks like windows/musicbee doesn't like some of the file names in my music folder. Windows just ignores these folders (shows them as locked and empty), but the the musicbee library scanner seems to get stuck on them.

I run a dual boot system with Ubuntu as my main system and windows as a play-box, so I never really noticed it. Anyhow, I just excluded some of the music artist folders that seemed to be troublesome (for example "Adult.", "Ascii.Disko", anything with an apostrophe) and now musicbee is happily importing the rest.

Looks like I am going to have a somewhat smaller library under windows.

So thanks guys for your help and friendly advice. Cheers!

Steven

• Administrator
would you be willing to run a debug version so i can see whats going wrong with those folders?