Author Topic: Search issue with multiple words  (Read 2883 times)

fumador

That's it. I was updated my not-so-old-version and I found the search doesnt work anymore like before when using multiple words. Default search for space char seems to be OR (rolling stones > show items containing rolling OR stones) and not AND (rolling stones >show all rolling stones items) like before :(

Will need to use wildcards from now?  :'(

Steven

• Administrator
nothing has been changed for years around how search works with multiple words -  rolling stones would require both words in any of the fields for a file. If you use "rolling stones" then both words need to be together

fumador

So, how can I change the "OR setting" with multiple words?
Plus sign doesnt seems to work too. Using rolling+stones still returns all 'rolling' or 'stones' items. Both or not.

I'm with 5233.

Pingaware

Steven said. Type the explicit query (including the quotes) "Rolling Stones". Same as most internet search engines.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise. Have fun with them!

fumador

I don't looking for exact results using quotes, just the AND operator.

Steven

• Administrator
using two words (without the quotes) is an AND operation- please re-read my reply carefully.
There is no special AND operator as there is no need for it and it has never been the case there was a special AND operator.
Use the Custom Search function if you need something more advanced

fumador

Downgraded to 2.3 and now everything works fine.

Thanks! :D