Author Topic: Edit Playlist Mixer Dialogue - Suggestion  (Read 5300 times)

SimonBRT

The playlist mixer is an amazing tool capable of creating excellent playlists.  I have a small suggestion to to improve ease of use of this feature.  Currently the dialogue screen looks like this (when right clicking playlist - edit playlist mixer).

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My issue is that this screen does not give me much clue as to what my excellent playlist mixer will actually do.  The way I use playlist mixer is to have each criteria be a random selection from a set playlist or library filter, but the playlist a track is to be selected from is not displayed on this top screen (only conditions/criteria).  When creating a criteria there is a neat box to add a description, my suggestion would be to have this description displayed on the top screen as brilliantly illustrated by the following screen...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also, I apologise as this is off topic for the wishlist, but does anyone know what the repeat conditions are for a playlist mixer style playlist.  I have had numerous occasions where the list simply gets to the end of the cycle and then stops rather than repeating the cycle once again.  I haven't had time yet to test when it seems to do this however.  I know that if MB is closed and then restarted and the playlist mixer resumed from now playing then this seems to happen but i believe there are other circumstances also.

Thanks in advance!

beeing good

Steven

• Administrator
i've changed it to use the description if one is entered and if not, the default criteria description has been enhanced to include the source (playlist or folder) when not from the music library
As to the mixer not repeating, as it stands now it wouldnt remember the now playing list was sourced from a mixer playlist on restart

SimonBRT

sounds like an excellent update, thank you as always steven.  the playlist mixer not continuing after an MB restart is really not an issue so no worry there.  if i do find any other repeatable circumstances where the list does not repeat i will make a post.

MB just keeps getting even better and better!

Sheamus

I've just discovered this too. Exactly what I've been looking for all these years. Officially now the best playlist functionality of any player.

SimonBRT

I've just discovered this too. Exactly what I've been looking for all these years. Officially now the best playlist functionality of any player.

i have known about this for ages but for some reason never used it a great deal until recently.  its capable of creating absolutely brilliant playlists...

Penn

I have to agree with the above, it's one of the most powerful features of MusicBee. You could program a radio station to pro standards using this tool. I've even made an oldies one that plays random retro radio jingles every half dozen songs, how sad is that!  :D

SimonBRT

...how sad is that!  :D

This forum is the home of music geeks... You are in good company!

Pingaware

...how sad is that!  :D

This forum is the home of music geeks... You are in good company!

Seconded. You'd be hard-pressed to find a bigger bunch of music geeks without visiting Hydrogen Audio.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.