Author Topic: Dacp Plugin: control MusicBee using iTunes-compatible apps  (Read 64510 times)

bazinga

System Requirements
Windows PC
MusicBee installed on your PC
.NET Framework 4.0 installed on your PC
Dacp Plugin for MediaMonkey
Bonjour ZeroConf for Windows (make sure UDP Port 5353 is open in your Firewall)
WI-FI Internet Connection (make sure Port 3689 is open in your Firewall)

Instructions:
- download the zip file at http://goo.gl/n7k3jg
- unzip the content into your MusicBee "Plugins" directory
- start MusicBee
- open any iTunes client app (the plugin has been tested with ReTune for Android)
- connect to the server in the client app
- pair the app device in MusicBee using the code provided by the client

Enjoy...

The plugin is very similar to MonkeyTunes (http://melloware.com/monkeytunes/) and shares the same Dacp library. Please refer to that page for more info/screenshot.

PLEASE double check that your firewall/router etc etc allows connection to/from ports 5353 and 3689... and that you can reach the MusicBee PC from your client device.

If using MusicBee from a not-administrator account, please open a cmd.exe as administrator and:
netsh http add urlacl http://+:3689/ user=\Everyone

Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 06:16:42 AM by bazinga

nosaj72

Wow, this is awesome! Works great with the iTunes remote app on my iPhone. Only glitch was I had to run MusicBee as admin or it gave me an error on startup.

bazinga

Glad you liked it.

For the admin thing: I didn't think about it. A netsh.exe line should fix it. I'll let you know as soon as I can try it.

eLr0n

This is awesome. Only Problem is that its sometimes very slow. If i choose a Song from an Album it plays instantly. If i choose a different Song in the same ablum it takes 3-4 Seconds until it plays and sometimes i even have to klick it again cause nothing happens or musicbee freezes completely and i have to close it with the task manager.
Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 01:06:41 AM by eLr0n

bazinga

eLr0n,

can you reproduce the problem? I mean: if you re-load your album, and re-do the same steps, the problem happens every time?
What client are you using?
I will give you instructions on how to set up the log so that we can have a look at it.
It might be because I'm forced to do a "next track" multiple times: in musicbee there's no such API for "play track # in playlist". But I'm going to ask in the other section.

eLr0n

Im using retune.
I think youre right it is caused bei using the next track method. If you have 100 tracks in youre playlist the time for changing to  a track is equal to its position in the playlist. For example the first 3 Tracks are quite fast and for switching to track 99 you have to wait for ever and musicbee doesnt respond in this time so you have to close it with the task manager if you dont want to wait 10 minutes for the song to play^^

But i think there must be a solution to this since it is working in Kelsos Musicbee Remote App without a delay.

bazinga

Yep, just asked on the API forum and Steven replied with a method to do it:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=12694.msg76722#msg76722

I'll try and upload a new version tomorrow

bazinga

Wow, this is awesome! Works great with the iTunes remote app on my iPhone. Only glitch was I had to run MusicBee as admin or it gave me an error on startup.

Hi,

can you try with the netsh command as specified in first post?

(also update lib with link in first post)

bazinga

This is awesome. Only Problem is that its sometimes very slow.

Please try the new version (link in the first post)

eLr0n

Now it is perfect! Everything works and is super fast. This plugin should be added to the next release of musicbee :)

Theres one more thing where i dont know if its a bug with retune or youre plugin. When i choose a song from a playlist the first song in the list is played and not the one that i choose.

SimonBRT

Reading the monkeytunes link, it mentions that it is commercial software with a limited use trial.  Is that the case here?

nosaj72

bazinga

Now it is perfect! Everything works and is super fast. This plugin should be added to the next release of musicbee :)

Glad you liked it!

Theres one more thing where i dont know if its a bug with retune or youre plugin. When i choose a song from a playlist the first song in the list is played and not the one that i choose.

Mmh, 99% chance it's a bug on my side. I didn't test the playlist part that much. Let me give it a look.

bazinga

Reading the monkeytunes link, it mentions that it is commercial software with a limited use trial.  Is that the case here?

The person who developed the MonkeyTunes software released the DACP library (the part not-related to musicmonkey) as open source. He has been kind enough to also reply to my questions during the development of the MusicBee Plugin.
But in this case the software is free of charge. To be honest, most of the challenge was in the DACP library.
Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 06:55:05 PM by bazinga

bazinga

Mmh, 99% chance it's a bug on my side. I didn't test the playlist part that much. Let me give it a look.

Should be fixed. Please download latest version from first post.
Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 04:59:04 PM by bazinga