Author Topic: Downloaded v3 and now problems and playlists deleted  (Read 4744 times)

cat

Hello
I would be grateful for any advice...

I have been using an old version of musicbee and it was great except the sound quality wasn't so great. So I hoped that by installing a newer version, it would improve.
Well, it might have done but now there are other issues which didn't exist before.

Firstly, it is much more prone to crashing. Often, if I forward a track manually then it will crash. It crashes about every 10 minutes.

Then, I deleted a track which I didn't mean to delete. I went into the recycle bin, and found all my playlists there. Well these were all m3u playlists and in the Music Bee playlist folder, they have all been replaced by mbp listlists. I've never even heard of this and a quick internet search revealed nothing. My preferences are set to save playlists in m3u, there's no mbp option anyway.

Can anyone explain why this might have happened and what benefits are of using mbp over m3u?

Many thanks

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Firstly, it is much more prone to crashing. Often, if I forward a track manually then it will crash. It crashes about every 10 minutes.

First, try the latest beta to see if it improves: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Latest_Update

If that doesn't help, then see if there are entries in the error log when the problem happens and post a bug report.

Then, I deleted a track which I didn't mean to delete. I went into the recycle bin, and found all my playlists there. Well these were all m3u playlists and in the Music Bee playlist folder, they have all been replaced by mbp listlists. I've never even heard of this and a quick internet search revealed nothing. My preferences are set to save playlists in m3u, there's no mbp option anyway.

Can anyone explain why this might have happened and what benefits are of using mbp over m3u?

MBP is the only format which can save MusicBee's various settings for playlists.  However, you can change back to M3U if you want (you can also set any playlist to automatically export a static M3U copy).  More information here: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=10490.0
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

cat

Hi thanks for the reply.

The playlists: I have worked out what to do and seem to be ok now.

I downloaded the newest version but the crashing is continuing. I use Winamp with MB and when I try to set it to use Winamp it crashes immediately. Coincidence? It happened 3 times. And it is still crashing with the manual forwarding through tracks. The last entry in the error log was 3 days ago - before I installed v3. When it crashes, I get a windows message saying that the program is not responding  & it shuts down quickly.

Pingaware

Do you have any active plugins? If so, try disabling them all, then testing them one at a time to see if they're causing the crash. I can certainly skip without crashes.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

cat

No, I don't have any plugins. I can forward through the tracks better with the newer version than with v3, that was about 50%. but it is still crashing sometimes.

Steven

• Administrator
I use Winamp with MB and when I try to set it to use Winamp it crashes immediately.
what do you mean by this? If you are refering to a winamp DSP plugin, then as pingawre suggests, try disabling all dsp plugins

cat

winamp is disabled, each time i try to enable it in preferences it crashes immediately. didnt have a problem with the previous version.

but pingaware didnt specify dsp. this isn't even in the plug-ins section on preferences. apart from winamp, the only extras i downloaded were permissions to use specific music types which i hope that i dont need to disable.

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
start by unticking all of those options
especially "use 32-bit outpit" and "hardware mixing" but some of the others might also cause a problem as well

cat

It is still crashing a bit, but nowhere near as much. Thank you for the help.