Author Topic: Checkbox Overhaul  (Read 15007 times)

Pingaware

How about an option to invert the selection?

I like that idea a lot. +1
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Steven

• Administrator
how about an option to invert the selection?
i dont get the need for this. When multiple files are selected you can already right click/ Tick (or Untick) Selection

I appreciate that the orientation for this functionality has changed considerably - now the tickbox is more about permanently excluding files from functionality. But as scampbll suggests it can be used in a way similar to the old functionality by sorting then selecting the files.

One suggestion i have as a compromise is a right click/ "Select Unticked Files" command. Of course selecting unticked files is not the most intuative thing but its the fastest way as you dont need to remember to re-tick all your files so they are no longer excluded from playback/ synching etc
Also keep in mind i am not willing to add a whole lot of right click commands to optimise every use-case

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
how about an option to invert the selection?
i dont get the need for this. When multiple files are selected you can already right click/ Tick (or Untick) Selection

I was just thinking that sometimes, if you only want a few selections ticked, it would be easier to untick those and then invert the selection.
I suppose, looking at it another way, you could just right-click>untick the entire selection and then just tick the items you need.

same number of steps - same outcome
just a different mind-set needed  :)

either way, it would be something that probably wouldn't be needed very often.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

HHM

One suggestion i have as a compromise is a right click/ "Select Unticked Files" command.

I would be really greatful for that!

One suggestion i have as a compromise is a right click/ "Select Unticked Files" command. Of course selecting unticked files is not the most intuative thing but its the fastest way as you dont need to remember to re-tick all your files so they are no longer excluded from playback/ synching etc
Also keep in mind i am not willing to add a whole lot of right click commands to optimise every use-case

As for the not intuitive selecting of unticked tracks: maybe this step can be omitted? If "ticked" is the default, natural state, then unticking works just as a way of selecting. Especially for bulk deleting.

And if you're unwilling to add new commands to right click menu, this could be an option for a hotkey command.

This would satisfy those who would be afraid of unaware deleting of files they unselected by mistake - the function of bulk deleting unticked tracks would work only for those who set it in hotkeys preferences.

Steven

• Administrator

Alumni

Thanks for this update!

By the way, is there any possibility for adding checkboxes to the (grouped) artwork layout?

Steven

• Administrator
while testing this in the now playing list i found there is an inconsistency with unticking and skipping tracks - MB didnt start to skip the unticked tracks until the next restart.
As there is already the ability to skip tracks in the now playing list by clicking the left most column, i am going to remove the functionality where unticked now playing list tracks are marked to be skipped. Any objections let me know

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
while testing this in the now playing list i found there is an inconsistency with unticking and skipping tracks - MB didnt start to skip the unticked tracks until the next restart.
As there is already the ability to skip tracks in the now playing list by clicking the left most column, i am going to remove the functionality where unticked now playing list tracks are marked to be skipped. Any objections let me know

To the contrary, I am glad about this.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

MKITGO2

- any files that are unticked are:
    - skipped from playback (only when added to the now playing list after being unticked - any file unticked while already on the now playing list is not skipped
    - excluded from any auto-dj selection
    - excluded from device synching

Newbie here, and after finding this thread I started using the Checkbox function, with the desire to have it perform the primary function of excluding tracks/ablums from device syncing.

After deselecting those I wish to exclude, and re-syncing the device, I am not having success.   Any suggestions. Is there something else I am missing.

I also tried creating an auto-playlist using the checkbox as the condition... but I cannot find Checkbox in the list of available fields within the rule structure.

Running Version 2.4.5404,  syncing to Motorola Moto X (2nd Gen)

Thanks,
MK

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
@ MK

You need to update to v2.5 from the first forum topic for the new checkbox functions to work
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together