Author Topic: Checkmark help?  (Read 5208 times)

Jerm56

This guy

Can anyone help me figure out its purpose? Can i do anything with it? It seems to me like it does nothing and is only for show. Does it have any functionality?

Maybe i'm just having trouble figuring it out, but it'd be great if i could do things like
Sync only checkmarked songs, remove checkmarked songs, send checkmarked songs to a new location, etc, etc.

Anyone use this checkmark feature in a useful way and can help me figure out what i'm missing?  ???

Thanks in advance!

Alumni

Where do you see that? I don't see it displayed anywhere.

Jerm56

its just one of the fields you can select. i don't understand its value

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It was an attempt to implement check boxes like in iTunes, but IMO not very successful.  I can't find the original thread right now, or I would link it.  I really wish it were more robust, remembering selected tracks when you leave the node you're in, etc, for things like selecting multiple files in a long list.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Zak

• Global Moderator
With that column displayed, you should see extra options in the right-click menu to help with selecting tracks.

Instead of holding down Shift or Ctrl to select multiple tracks you can "tick" them and later select "Select checked tracks" (or whatever the menu option is called).
Bee excellent to each other...

Zak

• Global Moderator

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Thanks, that's the one I was thinking of.

I guess I'm wrong about MB forgetting ticked tracks when changing nodes, it's only on restart.  I just remember having trouble making this feature work in the past, but maybe I was trying to do something else that it doesn't do.
Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 04:49:02 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Jerm56

Thanks for the help guys! Didn't notice the new right click menu options. That'll help some.

Still really wish the feature was more robust....its been a long while since I've used iTunes, but i remember being able to do a lot more with their checkbox. Seems like it'd be relatively simple to beef it up I'd imagine.

Really want a 'sync only ticked tracks' so I can leave things on my PC library while making it easier to pick and choose what i want on my device!

boroda

Zak

• Global Moderator
Really want a 'sync only ticked tracks' so I can leave things on my PC library while making it easier to pick and choose what i want on my device!
Having ticked the songs you want you could select them, send them to a playlist, then use that playlist as your syncing source.

Not a one-step solution, but the result is sort of the same.
Bee excellent to each other...

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Having ticked the songs you want you could select them, send them to a playlist, then use that playlist as your syncing source.

Not a one-step solution, but the result is sort of the same.

This is basically how I use the Love feature, since you can base an auto-playlist on it.  Being able to base an auto-playlist on checked status would be awesome.  (Obviously they would need to persist when MB is restarted, though.)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)