Author Topic: Someone Please Tell Me This is Fixable  (Read 4473 times)

Stony_Curtis

Ok, so I've been working on my tags today, using search and replace to correct some capitalization errors. Minor stuff. I went back to view my entire library, and now I'm seeing all kinds of jumbled tags that were fine before. Albums assigned to the wrong artists, etc.

I'm trying not to panic. I wanted to check here before taking any other action. Is there some sort of internal MB database that can become corrupted and can be reset? Any help appreciated.

tompeto

If you still have the same MusicBee session opened go to Edit>Undo and click in "File tags: Edit - <number of files>" in which "<number of files>" is the number of files you modified in the last action.

Stony_Curtis

When I saw what was wrong my first thought was to restart MB. :(

tompeto

That's bad. The solution I purposed will not work...

Stony_Curtis

I just can't imagine what happened. I was only working in the search and replace window. Making changes like Mfsl to MFSL, Cd to CD, etc. I didn't even change any actual text. How could everything be so jumbled? Arrgh!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Do you have any of the Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools presets set to auto-apply?  (In other words, do you have any of the entries in Advanced Search & Replace checked?)  Also, can you post a screenshot of some affected files?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Stony_Curtis

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Wow, I've never seen something like that before.  Have you checked the Tag Inspector for any of the affected files?

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Tag_Inspector
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

KyleHx

I've been seeing similar abnormalities and have come to the conclusion that MusicBee is fine
with ID3v1 and ID3v2.3 being written & updated (by itself or other programs) .. BUT has no
option for specifying which to show.  I'd love to have a simple switch in MB for that.
The only workaround I've found is to do all my scans, downloads, edits, then do a full re-scan
in MB, followed by full search-and-replaces (of all the things I already did that to, of course).

So, for example, "artist 1/{f}/artist 2" is what appears in MB, but looking at the MP3 file, I find
that it HAS stored my edit to "artist 1; {f}; artist" BUT only in the ID3v2.3 tag at the end of the file
(the first is at the top, per ID3v1 format).

Maybe there's a way to automatically sync tags .. or to chose which to show ???

Steven

• Administrator
@KyleHx, id3v1 is an old and very limiting format that is really only needed if you have an old device that cant read id3v2 eg. some car players have this limitation. I'm not sure i get the point you are making or why you would even care about id3v1 - it cant support anything over and above a single artist less than 30 characters long. And its certainly not something i would spend any time looking to include more advanced features.
I also think you might have the positions of the v1 and v2 tags the wrong way around.