Author Topic: Album Art  (Read 3871 times)

Brossa8

Hi,

I recently switched from Winamp to Musicbee. In winamp all album art was showing and also Poweramp for Android shows everything. In musicbee however, some album art is missing.
Can anyone tell me why that is? And - more importantly - how I can get Musicbee to show all art without having to download new art for all that is missing?

Thanks.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
What format is your album art stored in?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Brossa8

Most of it is in jpg and most of them are embedded in the music files by mp3tag.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Is the embedded art displaying okay?  How are the jpg files named?

It might help to have a screenshot of your Layout (1) Preferences.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
if some of the files you are having problems with only have embeded art, can you PM me a link to one of the problem files.
If those files also have artwork in the folder, then please do as scampbll requests

Brossa8

The damndest thing: I am checking the files that are missing artwork now. I check them with mp3tag and the artwork is missing there as well! Of some of these files I am absolutely sure that the artwork was there and showing in Winamp.

Musicbee didn't remove the artwork, did it? It's not like iTunes that changes your tags and everything without asking, is it?

For one album I chose "edit"<shift-enter> and there appeared to be an invalid picture on top of the actual artwork. I removed the invalid picture and the album art showed up. Even weirder: this album was CD1 of a 2 CD album. CD2 didn't show artwork at first, but when I had removed the invalid file from CD1, the artwork on CD2 showed up as well.

Brossa8

It's back to Winamp for me. At least I can trust this one to keave my tags alone.
Goodbye all!

Steven

• Administrator
musicbee does not touch any artwork or any file tags without some action by yourself and most certainly doesnt decide by itself to remove artwork.
Dont you think that would have been reported before if it was the case?