Author Topic: Expandable View in the Artwork layout  (Read 111049 times)

Steven

• Administrator
is the picture embeded or an external file - if its an external file could you PM me a link to the picture, otherwise a link to the music file

travelsoccerkid1

is the picture embeded or an external file - if its an external file could you PM me a link to the picture, otherwise a link to the music file
It won't let me right click on the album at all to display the properties to see if it's embedded or just linked from the default folder.jpg.  As soon as I left or right click on the album, I get the error message.
http://imageshack.com/a/img843/1641/qnuh.jpg

EDIT:  Appears to be embedded as there is not folder.jpg in the album folder in Windows Explorer.

Unrelated, is there a way to choose which album cover is displayed for the artist when everything is grouped by artist?  At present, it defaults to the cover of the first album when listed in alphabetical order.

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_4/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

this should (probably) fix the issue with double clicking on an unnumbered track in the expanded panel playing the wrong track
and double clicking a track opening the Album and Tracks view

galactica12

this should (probably) fix the issue with double clicking on an unnumbered track in the expanded panel playing the wrong track
and double clicking a track opening the Album and Tracks view
This seems to have fixed the issue I was having with the wrong track playing, many thanks. (You were correct also about it only being un-numbered tracks)

Alumni

I came across a weird visual bug. After the expandable menu is opened, hover the mouse near the top left hand corner above the menu and to the left side of the main panel, out of nowhere a star rating appears. This only happens when the show track rating option is disabled.

Here is a screenshot:

Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 01:30:56 PM by Alumni

Sigma

I've found a bug in the latest version.

I was playing a track and I went to double-click on a different track in the expanded view to play it, but I clicked too slow so that it thought I wanted to rename the track. I clicked on a different track and an error popped up. It's repeatable every time.

Error details: -

MusicBee v2.4.5242.16321 (Win6.2), 10 May 2014 14:19:

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type '#=qbkGy4POpr4vBlx32X_lsH2holu0tHiwkqoqxQEY9LMc=' to type '#=qCXuDbbg5_wvV$WTF7bhxdfY0EsXpHoslctC$Vq4yIGZpgjmwsUSd9C7FTD2BmplA'.
   at #=qF3Zb6geDOuvee3a3bh8AQYDKDrxnn8ZJgRUHgFFwg2M=.#=qwehHS9GycnXQYq5BOlcwc99LCLyCyOTuVCuZNab0Jq8=.#=qUHLw3owUaUCcNXSGs$9gyg==(Boolean #=qOaXh8k3dLBahXawRY0jIzg==)
   at #=qF3Zb6geDOuvee3a3bh8AQYDKDrxnn8ZJgRUHgFFwg2M=.#=qwehHS9GycnXQYq5BOlcwc99LCLyCyOTuVCuZNab0Jq8=.#=qvu4yOIEfKhhTnFymghVW__0uaWb9kOduhnTXLZ9oCf8=(Object #=qnerImwDseIwLQey3AorNQA==, #=qbUUTrdaGx4Mt7r8wWXKir5HiVZKk9HJZIUejLWxhGg6AEQY4RllvswEakqvURsx9E$9jyqyJvjpxns4cE$wF$A== #=qG_FUZpspCwXPL3mkqeBljA==)
   at #=qZfxKbgIcdVp5PntZUsfl0CXk5324t0kU7xs94C1CV$3QRmFquxLaDYlVuBLYRUKS.OnLeave(EventArgs #=qtMw2z5n55mEaSy$DMDgXdg==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.NotifyLeave()
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.UpdateFocusedControl()

EDIT - The same issue occurs in 5243 released today.

EDIT - The bug also occurs if you click slowly twice on a track in the expanded view to rename it, then just press Enter on your keyboard.
Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 02:35:11 PM by Sigma

Steven

• Administrator

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
with the new view, the selection highlight colour briefly flashes around the selected image when first clicked, and then disappears.

would like to make the suggestion of either of these 2 options:

a) [preferred option] highlight colour re-appears and persists around selection when expanded panel is closed,  to show last opened item (as occurred in previous artwork view)

or

b) highlighting is disabled, and flash doesn't occur at all
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator

- you can now drag multiple selected pictures
- right clicking on a picture now doesnt expand the panel
- when closing an expanded panel, the picture selection box displays

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Steven, thanks muchly for going with my preferred option and adding it in  :)
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Pingaware

The more I use this feature, the more I like it. Thank you Steven.

Maybe a possibility for future versions could be the incorporation of the sub-grouping header from the 'Album and Tracks' view.

I'm going to second this request. If you could manage it, it would make this view even more fantastic. Here's hoping! Thanks Steven.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Kaelri

The more I use this feature, the more I like it. Thank you Steven.

Maybe a possibility for future versions could be the incorporation of the sub-grouping header from the 'Album and Tracks' view.

I'm going to second this request. If you could manage it, it would make this view even more fantastic. Here's hoping! Thanks Steven.
Thirded. :) This has become the best way to view album information in a "rich" presentation, and sub-groupings really belong here.