Author Topic: Expandable View in the Artwork layout  (Read 111075 times)

endeavour1934

I'm sorry if this has been answered before. From what I undestand, Expandable View gets colors from the album cover. But I have a few of them where I don't really know where the accent color is coming from:

Is this a bug or is it a result of the algorithm used? Maybe it's because it is random if the accent color is not visible enough?

Steven

• Administrator
would you mind PM me a link to a zip with those pictures. In answer to the question the accent color is not random but dark colours that dominate the picture can have a lot subtle colour variations that you cant see but trick the algorithm. Also a bad accent colour choice can result because MB magnifies the contrast and saturation to make the colour stand out from the background colour.
I dont want to spend too much time trying to get it perfect though - from my own tests with quite a lot of pictures the results are usually good enough.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
i'm open to making the fields displayed in the track list configurable (and hence requiring more space)

I would like to see this!  I think I mentioned before, it would be really cool to, say, display performers for musical theater.  Would be nice if we could use the kind of conditional display that it uses now for feat. artists and compilations, so that that feature isn't lost and others can be added (based on genre or some other criteria).
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

galactica12

I seem to be having the same odd problem regarding selecting one song and it playing another. Mainly happens in albums with over 50 songs in it though.
are you using the very latest version from May 1?
and if so,
- how do you initiate playback
- does the album have separate discs
- a screenshot of your Now Playing preferences
Am on the most recent version now;
I initiate playback through a mouse double left mouse click.
Album doesn't have separate discs.
http://i.imgur.com/0xu8aT1.png
There's the now playing preferences. Thanks for the help!

travelsoccerkid1

When grouping by album in artwork view, I don't experience any problems ... however I'm receiving the following error when grouping by artist.

MusicBee v2.4.5233.33304 (Win6.2), 3 May 2014 23:44:

System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status)
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Rectangle destRect, Rectangle srcRect, GraphicsUnit srcUnit)
   at #=qWpdDBs51Pi_jda4wkUWlpd$416DxmTZrccsXaoXJs00=.#=qgpmDQ2WcFthquTqczf$5U91nON00cGEhwoU7_UVeuFg=.#=qB8tCW3Q0dN4GOIaG8Nz1Lg==.#=qpuiMN_j8__tIwrE2tZj0hQ==.#=qp9EUngPVKi9FYlTkyioijg==.#=qq0MTsNDShKVDs_S3JFdHYg==._Lambda$__6(Graphics #=q$E8GoHjKmzobvXjUFnucHA==)
   at #=qcz9L0WMkUs6BPGa87HhhLBoChnlLYwD654LICB76Hoo=.#=qEovC8zms5UjIkZNBriI15w==(#=qHMyeSlAAeqLXj4PKwGWL7byWfpYnQ_GMkSTc_U0G8JZ7xnELWJD0udaMgi9_vzbe #=qMq_quIRpDYyeIUo8YAwpsA==)
   at #=qWpdDBs51Pi_jda4wkUWlpd$416DxmTZrccsXaoXJs00=.#=qgpmDQ2WcFthquTqczf$5U91nON00cGEhwoU7_UVeuFg=.#=qqC_YAGt5CQlGPb05Nh5NC1SwIDjSqKGF89FDHedR9cU=(Boolean #=qYsGM9YLVGfADGORVi9VGgQ==, Boolean #=qY9_tdDY7Sub9u7vK1p9CY9RTlQFNOUQemvUt_Mo_ixg=)
   at #=qWpdDBs51Pi_jda4wkUWlpd$416DxmTZrccsXaoXJs00=.#=q0AxAcpt3eYwBn39T04PSOQ==(Int32 #=qIPiEtlZHrgYomJBObbaGMg==, #=qXNiSDxPUA039gG_mPGkI9g== #=qGVqexnWBzhsYLbMs17S95A==, Boolean #=qQH1xiqNMQAwO66LvbQnHrPbL3dYO9RUUrWNc6qlnh84=)
   at #=qWpdDBs51Pi_jda4wkUWlpd$416DxmTZrccsXaoXJs00=.#=qLFZ$5VvHOx6GT2Mgo2Utuot25RMZXMOVRpT$kOSfGDI=(Point #=qDEgP_gAI9rn2P5MR2D18YQ==)
   at #=qWpdDBs51Pi_jda4wkUWlpd$416DxmTZrccsXaoXJs00=.#=qCzvDxM9DoY2xb0QrBN357l2N0TMDffsvLu09yidKMiY=(Object #=qRzfhR_ZoP4ghNlUG9SvRag==, MouseEventArgs #=qPLhENfn9j_3AJmMt0QHEdQ==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Steven

• Administrator
could you post one more screenshot, showing the expanded panel playing the wrong track but include the whole application window

Steven

• Administrator
When grouping by album in artwork view, I don't experience any problems ... however I'm receiving the following error when grouping by artist.
does the artist have only one album or multiple albums and is it when you click on an artist or on an album of the artist?

edit:
could you run this debug version (unzip and replace musicbee.exe). If you check the error log (help/ support/ view error log) it will have info for me to help figure out what went wrong when the error happens

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yjijmzysq8nl1bs/MusicBeeDebug.zip
Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 10:44:17 AM by Steven

redwing

1. When albums are grouped by album with expanded view open, if you change "sort by" option to something else, the expanded view remains as the previous, ending up pointing to a wrong album.

2. When expanded view is closed down, album selector (Content[Artwork].Body.Highlight) should be shown for selected album just like bottom pane track list setting.

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_4/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

this version should generally make a better choice for accent colour. Also i have included some extra logging to the error log to help me diagnose whats going wrong for anyone who gets an unexpected error when opening a panel (help/support/view error log)

galactica12

could you post one more screenshot, showing the expanded panel playing the wrong track but include the whole application window
Here you are: http://i.imgur.com/LvktO80.png
The example shown here is when I double click "Paint it Black", it plays "So Payaso" instead. Each song seems to play a different one. Also have found it to happen on smaller >50 song albums as well, so it isn't just larger albums, unfortunately. The songs seem to at least be consistent, so the above example happens always, it doesn't change the song it'll play. Each song is linked to a different one or something.

ma_t14

Found a potential bug. This happens with the following settings:
-Albums are grouped by artist
-"When an album picture is double - clicked:" > show album contents

This happens only when an artist has more than one album. If you double click a track (NOT an album) it shows the album contents instead of playing the track

Demo:
http://imgur.com/2xddt6h
Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 07:14:33 PM by ma_t14

Steven

• Administrator
Here you are: http://i.imgur.com/LvktO80.png
The example shown here is when I double click "Paint it Black", it plays "So Payaso" instead. Each song seems to play a different one. Also have found it to happen on smaller >50 song albums as well, so it isn't just larger albums, unfortunately. The songs seem to at least be consistent, so the above example happens always, it doesn't change the song it'll play. Each song is linked to a different one or something.
i expect its related to the tracks not having track numbers - can you confirm its only happens when there are no track numbers. I see i will need to sort the tracks by title for this case

travelsoccerkid1

does the artist have only one album or multiple albums and is it when you click on an artist or on an album of the artist?

edit:
could you run this debug version (unzip and replace musicbee.exe). If you check the error log (help/ support/ view error log) it will have info for me to help figure out what went wrong when the error happens

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yjijmzysq8nl1bs/MusicBeeDebug.zip

This happens with artists with only one album when clicking on the artist.  I've noticed it only seems to occur for one particular album which is a compilation (one album artist but various artists within the album).

5/4/2014 2:56:48 PM - Parameter is not valid.:{X=1353,Y=289,Width=280,Height=280},{X=1354,Y=289,Width=278,Height=195}
5/4/2014 2:56:48 PM - {Width=600, Height=600}
5/4/2014 2:56:48 PM - 6.2.9200.0 - 2.4.5237.12375 - System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.

5/4/2014 2:57:05 PM - Parameter is not valid.:{X=1353,Y=289,Width=280,Height=280},{X=1354,Y=289,Width=278,Height=1}
5/4/2014 2:57:05 PM - {Width=600, Height=600}
5/4/2014 2:57:05 PM - 6.2.9200.0 - 2.4.5237.12375 - System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.

5/4/2014 2:57:22 PM - Parameter is not valid.:{X=1353,Y=289,Width=280,Height=280},{X=1354,Y=289,Width=278,Height=1}
5/4/2014 2:57:22 PM - {Width=600, Height=600}
5/4/2014 2:57:22 PM - 6.2.9200.0 - 2.4.5237.12375 - System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.

edit: error text removed
Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 08:14:34 PM by Steven