Author Topic: Expandable View in the Artwork layout  (Read 111972 times)

redwing

Sigma

Thanks! That appears to fix all the issues I was having.

SimonBRT

This is just so useful!  Absolutely love artwork view grouped by artist now.  It always looked fantastic but now it is incredibly functional too.  Fanstatic work Steven, one of the best additions in recent times.

Sigma

There's a new bug in the latest version.

If you're using Artwork view and you are on a screen where there's only a few albums, so there's a lot of blank space, if you double-click anywhere in that blank space you get this: -

MusicBee v2.4.5233.12211 (Win6.2), 30 Apr 2014 20:33:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=qunn3RKJObAvZXregADDSPsTPNDaLsjRkJAmkl90EnKk=.#=qidPATiHBNR9NqrhoyGv2s2VxyUGg8b5jivi7t5RCqLs=.#=qxir6CDT_CFadhDIMcO7O2$LkpmDfeMudPElA10CQ_Z4=(Point #=qidlW2VqUZ7sD4EC2QYr9qA==)
   at #=qunn3RKJObAvZXregADDSPsTPNDaLsjRkJAmkl90EnKk=.#=qidPATiHBNR9NqrhoyGv2s2VxyUGg8b5jivi7t5RCqLs=.#=qcnrQoFCuCSANnurEWtAzyQ==(MouseEventArgs #=qxI_2f08dCPuSaGu9DGUG6w==)
   at #=qunn3RKJObAvZXregADDSPsTPNDaLsjRkJAmkl90EnKk=.#=qXCqoz08jNqTYXRclqlQ9PvFobE2bYvR1KNhPa3xi4nY=(Object #=qr$evEW4JAD8SOVYIjhrd8A==, MouseEventArgs #=qj$W6rI6CwRdKmzb2lhroZw==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Steven

• Administrator

galactica12

It seems in the new extended view, you cannot ctrl+left mouse click to unselect selections anymore, using ctrl to select works though. Just not the inverse. The old view works, however.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
The more I use this feature, the more I like it. Thank you Steven.

Maybe a possibility for future versions could be the incorporation of the sub-grouping header from the 'Album and Tracks' view.

MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
- albums sorted by year are now in ascending order

Love this addition.  It's great to click on an artist and see a timeline of their albums.

Edit: How about a paste artwork option in the context menu when grouped by album or when right clicking on album art?  Also I miss the ability to do middle-click searches in this view.
Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 04:56:34 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Appie Thrasher

This option ,*, will also need to be altered.

Double-clicking now always opens new expanded view and starts album playing.

First off all I like the new look but I also need the album details, so when I double click I like to see the details but now it always start playing the album. I thought the fix was also for that one, but after install latest fix I still cant seem to chance this setting.

Steven

• Administrator
First off all I like the new look but I also need the album details, so when I double click I like to see the details but now it always start playing the album. I thought the fix was also for that one, but after install latest fix I still cant seem to chance this setting.
untick "show tracks for the selected album" to return to the old functionality

Appie Thrasher

untick "show tracks for the selected album" to return to the old functionality

Yes I know, but I was hoping that I could use the new layout and use double click.
So One click I am getting the new layout and when I double click I am getting album details....

If this is not possible, just  my thoughts about new feature to give us a option to choose witch details to show up in the new layout. I for one am missing the genre and the bitrate.....

Greetz Appie

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_4/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

- fixed clrl-click to unselect a selected track
- "show album contents" now supported as an option when a picture is double clicked ie. when that option is selected you can see the expanded panel by clicking on a picture and double clicking would drill down and show the album using Album and Tracks layout

ChristopherE

The double click option is great. That's was what I was asking for in my previous post when I asked for a right click to do it. Double click is better.

The new layout really makes MusicBee much more pleasant to look at for general listening while retaining the ability to organise large collections with ease.

Miles ahead of any of the other players / organisers out there.

Thanks a lot Steven for a great piece of software and continuing to update and support it.

Appie Thrasher

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_4/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

- fixed clrl-click to unselect a selected track
- "show album contents" now supported as an option when a picture is double clicked ie. when that option is selected you can see the expanded panel by clicking on a picture and double clicking would drill down and show the album using Album and Tracks layout

Steven thanks very much for this quick response, exactly what i was looking for.....:)