Author Topic: Expandable View in the Artwork layout  (Read 112230 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Could the highlight on the album please stay visible when the whole album is selected?  As soon as I click an album, the highlight box disappears, even though I can see from the status bar that it's still selected.  Likewise for the whole artist.  [Added: Sometimes the artist appears selected when they're not, too.  This tends to happen after opening and closing the expanded view.  Can get screencap if needed.]

Also, could we please have the ability to paste album art in the expanded box?
Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 06:29:11 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Another observation:  In Album & Tracks view, you can configure the display fields differently for a custom view than for the main view.  For the expandable artwork view, if you change the display fields in a custom view, it also changes for the main Artwork view.  Would prefer it work more like Album & Tracks.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

phred

• Global Moderator
Could the highlight on the album please stay visible when the whole album is selected?  As soon as I click an album, the highlight box disappears, even though I can see from the status bar that it's still selected.
+1
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

mikebo

These minor visual bugs still haven't been fixed

And report some minor issues:
- play icon next to the album artist header has no anti-aliasing. The one next to the album title is fine
- album scrolling arrows are missing some pixels. Marked in red.

- if a skin enables artwork borders, they are drawn around album stacks (i know this doesn't necessarily belong in this topic but it's related and i don't want to make a separate bug report just for this)

redwing

This bug is not fixed yet.

If you edit any tags for tracks in artwork view grouped by (album) artist and click on the arrow buttons on album list, album covers disappear from the list. To fix this, you have to close down the expanded panel and reopen it.

KissCool

Thank you for this new feature!

Here my "2 cents" about few elements:
1)The "auto-width" of each columns.
The minimum column width is too small!
MusicBee (almost all tracks got "...")

vs. iTunes

2) Sub-grouping header
Take a look at "DISC 5 - Hotel California". The header title is left alone at the bottom of the 2nd column. IMO, it should be at the top of the 3rd column. Maybe, adding a rule like this: sub-grouping header at the bottom only if there's at least one track right under the header. Or doing something like iTunes should avoid this issue:
MusicBee

vs. iTunes

3) "Highlight" (with icon) column.
There's some room between the track rating and the track duration to display icons from the Highlight column, like in  iTunes (take a look at  Disc 2 - Track 1):

I'd really like to be able to display my icons from my highlighting rules, like in iTunes! (well, iTunes doesn't have highlighting rules... I'm just talking about the icon  ;))
Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 03:15:08 PM by KissCool

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
+1 to all, though if implementing the highlighting icons caused there to be more extra space even without them, I wouldn't want that.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

KissCool

Forgot to ask this:
4) Could you add a skin element (bg & fg) for the background behind the albums (when grouped by album artists/artists) and behing the tracks (when "auto-pick panel colours" is unticked), plz? thx.

and this:
 5) Tracks in the expandable view do not use the font defined in the MusicBee Preferences/Layout (1)/general/use custom fonts:.
Is it intended?

Steven

• Administrator
i will look at enhancements to the expandable view in the next MB version

redwing

Bumping this annoying bug second time.

If you edit any tags for tracks in artwork view grouped by (album) artist and click on the arrow buttons on album list, album covers disappear from the list. To fix this, you have to close down the expanded panel and reopen it.

Alumni

Would be handy to be able to multiple select albums in the expanded menu with CTRL+click.

ma_t14

Would be handy to be able to multiple select albums in the expanded menu with CTRL+click.

+1

Steven

• Administrator
One thing thats been bugging me with this is the way the expanded panel opens for each picture as you use the arrow keys to scroll up or down.
So i am planning to change the behavior so the expanded panel only opens when you click on a picture or when you have the main panel set to follow the current playing item.
Any objections then let me know

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I like this idea.

This may or may not factor in somehow: I was just thinking, maybe you should be able to expand it by pressing enter, too.  So I experimented, and found that when the expanded panel was open, pressing enter did nothing, but if the panel was closed, it acted like the old artwork view and drilled down to the artist.   That should probably be more consistent?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

One thing thats been bugging me with this is the way the expanded panel opens for each picture as you use the arrow keys to scroll up or down.
So i am planning to change the behavior so the expanded panel only opens when you click on a picture or when you have the main panel set to follow the current playing item.
Any objections then let me know

iTunes works the same way as the current MB. My suggestion is that if the selected album is expanded, then keep other albums open as is now, and if the selected album is closed, then do not open other albums while scrolling with arrow keys.