Author Topic: 2 new default playlists (for podcasts)?  (Read 7639 times)

klint

Hi

In order to emphasize the quite good podcast management in MB but also the auto PL features, one could use 2 new default autoplaylists at MB installation :
- one with all downloaded episodes, sorted by date
- one with all episodes not yet downloaded, sorted by date

Those PL can be created manually of course (which I did), but I think it may be useful to have them by default (they happen to be the PLs I use most often to handle podcasts as I do not download every episode).

Cheers.

Steven

• Administrator
doesnt the "All" subscription in the podcasts panel do the first already?

klint

[Edited because I did not read your replay carefully enough :) ]

It does save the same purpose but it is hard to use because of the sorting order (an option for a sorting by date is what I need, without grouping by subscription)
Thanks
Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 02:21:36 PM by klint

Steven

• Administrator
i've added a new category on the podcasts panel "Recently Added"

unzip and replace the existing files:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_5/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

klint

Duke9700

I'm excited to see new features added to podcasts so thank you Steven!

With these new changes I'm running into a few differences. Unplayed Episodes is sorted differently and I can't figure out the sort or if there's a way to change it. They are still grouped by feed but the feed and then the individual episodes within don't seem to be sorted Alphabetically, by episode date, Times etc. It makes it tough to scan the list.

I also like the idea of the new Recent Updates but I wish there was more control here too. My list has every episode going back to July with each day grouped by the feed. It makes for a REALLY long list.

Am I just not finding some new settings or am I just not understanding the methodology behind the changes?

klint

My list has every episode going back to July with each day grouped by the feed. It makes for a REALLY long list.
Yes, the list is long but the interesting part that one would check regularly (searching for the newest episodes daily or weekly for instance) is the top one so the length of the list is not really a problem for me.

Steven

• Administrator
Unplayed Episodes is sorted differently and I can't figure out the sort or if there's a way to change it. They are still grouped by feed but the feed and then the individual episodes within don't seem to be sorted Alphabetically, by episode date, Times etc. It makes it tough to scan the list.
it should be sorted by episode date. Can you post a screenshot

Duke9700

This screenshot of Unplayed Episodes is from 2.5.5483. I'm not sure of the sorting of the feed groups. If I could figure out that sorting I'd probably get less confused! BTW - the Long, AM, Music in the feed name is just a method I use to force the Subscriptions list to keep groups together.

The episodes themselves are indeed by date order - sorry about that. I had the Episode Date column too narrow. The episodes that I thought were not in date order were old ones from Jan 2014 not 2015.  :-[

One additional feature I would love (I post my podcast wishes to the Wishlist periodically) would be for the podcast filter by group to also filter Unplayed Episodes so I could see all unplayed episodes by each group instead of having to go feed by feed after selecting the filter.

NOTE: Do not judge me by my choice in podcasts!

Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 05:28:42 PM by Duke9700

Steven

• Administrator
thats an oversight so i will implement the group filtering for the Unplayed and Recent lists

Duke9700

thats an oversight so i will implement the group filtering for the Unplayed and Recent lists

Thanks Steven! Yet ANOTHER reason to love MusicBee!

Steven

• Administrator
The "Unplayed" and "Recent" lists are now filtered by the active filter. Also i changed the "Recent" list so any episodes over 3 months are grouped monthly rather than daily

unzip and replace the existing musicbee files:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_5/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

Duke9700