Author Topic: Ripping ?s  (Read 3194 times)

zydon2

I am ripping cds using musicbee i am ripping FLAC at 44.1 khz but shouldnt they be ripping higher than 44.1 and if so how do i change it and what should my settings be for the highest quality sorry guys im a noob to musicbee FLAC and all so tia
Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 04:36:21 AM by zydon2

Zak

• Global Moderator
I am ripping cds ... shouldnt they be ripping higher than 44.1
Nope. Normal audio CDs only store information at 44.1 kHz so even if you found a way to create a FLAC with a higher sample rate you'd only end up with a larger file for no benefit.
Bee excellent to each other...

zydon2

ok thanx zak like i said im new to all this are there any other settings i should change or jus let it run thank u again

Zak

• Global Moderator
I'm not sure what MusicBee's default FLAC settings are, but they should be fine.

The good thing about FLAC is that being lossless you don't need to tweak a heap of parameters - you're going to end up with a file that sounds identical to what you started with anyway.

One that might be useful is a single number -0 through -8 (-0 being equivalent to --fast, -8 being equivalent to --best). -8 should give the smallest possible file but will take longer to encode.  The created files will sound the same - unlike MP3, M4A etc. where a smaller file means lower quality.
Bee excellent to each other...

zydon2

OK thanx again zak you have been a huge help