Author Topic: suppress genre (or artist...) to be shown double in the track browser  (Read 3291 times)

steffen

not sure if its a feature or a bug, but if two of the columns in the track browser are set to genre (quite useful when using multiple genres!) the second column shows always the one already selected in the first one. although kind of logical, I guess it would be better if that one would be excluded

Maybe it is meant to be like this, but, I find it more logical if it suppressed

Steven

• Administrator
no need to have 2 genre columns in the track browser - just hold the Ctrl key down to select multiple values in the browser

steffen

Yes, but that is not what I want! E.g. I want to have songs that have the genre "pop" AND "world music" for example! for me, that is one of the biggest advantages of multiple genres

Steven

• Administrator
its working for me, so perhaps i'm not understanding what you want.
If i have
- track 1 that has 3 genres: Indie, Rock and Alternative
- track 2 that has 2 genres: Indie and Alternative
- track 3 that has 1 genre: Indie

Then clicking Indie in the first genre column with show all 3 tracks, and shows Indie, Rock and Alternative in the 2nd genre column
Then clicking Alternative in the 2nd genre column will show tracks 1 & 2 only ie. its an 'And' condition
Whereas if i click Indie and Alternative in the 1st genre column it will show all 3 tracks ie. an 'Or' condition

Perhaps you were expecting the 2nd genre column to always show all genres, but it filters out the genres in the 2nd column where no tracks have a combination of both. Thats not something i want to change
Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 10:50:13 AM by Steven

steffen

OK, maybe I did not realy make it clear :)

Next try with your example:
- track 1 that has 3 genres: Indie, Rock and Alternative
- track 2 that has 2 genres: Indie and Alternative
- track 3 that has 1 genre: Indie

If I click Indie in the first genre column, the second genre column shows Indie, Rock and Anlternative. I like that a lot, exactly what I want only one small thing: I think Indie should not be repeated in the second column. Of course it makes sense, as you are probably checking for all the genres of the files selected, but still...

Not a big thing, was just not the behaviour I expected (Looked three times if I had the same genre multiple times in one song or something) and I thought I let you know