Author Topic: tracks out of sequence  (Read 3561 times)

Pawz

Hello heroes of helpfulness. I have asked this question before, and you sorted  me out, but since then I have re-formatted and re-installed MusicBee, and  though I thought I had safely copied your advice for future ref, can't find, nor the original post on here, so.....
 Some tracks are  appearing  in the wrong order, so that 3 is set to play as 1, 4 is set as 2, 1 is set to 3 and 2 is set to play last as 4.  You told me how to fix this with Beethoven ( which is still correctly ordered), but now it is Ed Alleyn-Johnson and his electric violin. Can't be doin' with that; turn the milk sour. Sorry for being tiresome, can you please explain it again? Summat to do with tags, but I can't find the magic formula...ta muchly.  :)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This post may help you: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=12517.0

It's not exactly the same problem, but covers a lot of the possible solutions.

If that doesn't do it, a screen shot of what you're seeing and what the tag editor looks like for some of the tracks would be helpful.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Pawz

scampbll, I saw that post   earlier and tried  to apply it to my own situation, but was not successful - and I went through the manual - all 204 pages, and did not find a solution, though tried  a couple of things. Remind me how to  post a screen here and I will do so tomorrow ( bed-time now). Thank you for your help - appreciated :)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Here's a page on screenshots: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Screenshots
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

though I thought I had safely copied your advice for future ref, can't find, nor the original post on here, so.....

If you click on a user name, you can access all posts written by the user via "show the last posts of this person".

Pawz

I gottit! I did as Redwing suggested ( had tried to find by post previously but couldn't remember topic), found the first time I asked ( it was Redwing and scampbll that helped me then as well), and tried to  pick up from the advice given then, went back to tagging tools and highlighted the four tracks, as have done several times this past couple of days, but this time I noticed the up-down arrows to change the track order and  so was able to get them into the correct order there, but when I  went back into the player, they still seemed  to be in the old  order - until I clicked on Album ( was it? or Disk Track?) Whatever, they are now  displayed in their proper places, and I fully expect that that is how they will remain. Hooraay! No sour milk for tea here! Thank you both for your faithful help of bumblies..... x

redwing

Sounds like you added track# to those files using Renumber Tracks command. You might want to add disc-track# field to your main panel to make sure they have those values. Glad to hear you sorted it out!

Pawz

It is there Redwing.
Closed MB and then went into the Music List rather than  the playlist I had moved the  tracks to, and yes, t'was all there in proper order still. Happy me  ;D