Author Topic: Noob question about Now Playing and Playlist Mixers  (Read 4353 times)

Penn

I'm used to queuing songs manually in my old player and using the AutoDJ function. MusicBee has many improvements in this area but I'm trying to get my head around a couple of things.

I don't quite understand the criteria for how tracks get automatically added to Now Playing.

Sometimes, but seemingly not always, after starting MusicBee and clicking on a song in the library to get it to play the Now Playing window gets automatically populated with more tracks from that album. Haven't noticed that today so maybe I've toggled it off.  :-\

AutoDJ is pretty straight-forward but I wonder if my criteria is too stringent and it runs out of valid tracks is there anyway to have another playlist to fall back on rather than having silence.  :-[ -

PlaylistMixers are *brilliant*, ;D to do the same thing with my old program (MediaMonkey) meant nesting / cross-referencing loads of autoplaylists and never quite achieved the same result.  :(

What's the proper way to get a Playlist Mixer to play music non-stop for hours? I've got one which produces 7 tracks at a time. Should it be set as the source for AutoDJ (which kind of works but not perfect) or is there another way to get it to loop automatically without having to manually queue up several instances of it?

Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 03:02:35 PM by suzanne

Pingaware

For playlist mixers, if you just queue it up once, it should automatically loop when it reaches the end.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Penn

Thanks I think it does, but I have to let the song finish naturally, if I skip it doesn't seem to loop at the end?

Pingaware

Yeah, that seems about right. In my experience, the auto features don't behave perfectly if extensive skipping is used.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Zak

• Global Moderator
Sometimes, but seemingly not always, after starting MusicBee and clicking on a song in the library to get it to play the Now Playing window gets automatically populated with more tracks from that album. Haven't noticed that today so maybe I've toggled it off.  :-\
You can change which songs are queued in Preferences > Now Playing. At the top.
Bee excellent to each other...

Penn

Thanks all, seem to have this working well now :D The only time it doesn't continue to loop seems to be if one of the conditions isn't satisfied. It's a real shame that it grinds to a halt at that point instead of just choosing the next track based on the next playlist in the mixer