Author Topic: Issue with radio stations  (Read 2023 times)

Sedna

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
Hey there,

I got a strange problem with MusicBee playing one of my radio stations and I have to say I´m really confused because I can´t find the mistake. There are about 30 stations in my list und everything works fine except one of them. It was still working 4 or 5 days ago, but now suddenly he can´t connect to the stream anymore. I asked the owners of the station in their board, but according to them there were no changes belonging to their stream in the last few days. I also checked some possibilities on my system like the firewall, a problem with a codec or something like that, but if I open the stream in the WMP oder the VLC player, there are no problems. I can´t really say if this is a bug, but I´m really struggeling with this problem and I don´t know where the problems comes from. I also reinstalled the whole software once again, but the issue keeps happening. I hope you can help me.

URL: http://listen.kibo.fm:8000/

If it helps you:
When I tried to connect to the stream, MusicBee always told me he couldn´t connect because it took to much time. And as I deleted the station and tried to put it into the list once again, he couldn´t even find the server, but he said that the data of the station was just changed. So I was thinking that perhaps Kibo FM could be registered in one of the files, but I didn´t find anything.

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 33606
it works fine for me and i dont have any suggestions over and above what you have already tried, other than deleting the book marked station from your library, restarting and then add the station back in using the New Station function

Sedna

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
Nope, that doesn´t solve the problem at all, but other players like aTunes, Clementine or Nightingale have the same problem, too. So MusicBee itself can´t be the reason.

I´m quite sure now that Shoutcast is the reason for this issue. This station is the only one that uses Shoutcast and Nullsoft told everyone that not all services might be available from time to time because they´re working hard in the background after the owner has changed. So perhaps the problem solves itself after some time... I hope...