Author Topic: Multimedia Keys aren't working when unfocused  (Read 7839 times)

darkaaja

Today I finally got around to swapping out my music player from the default WMP. However I have had a single issue with Musicbee so far, and that is the fact my multimedia keys refuse to work when the program is minimized/unfocused/resting in taskbar etc >:(. I have tried the alternative plugin here http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3671.0 however that also didn't work (I think I may have misunderstood the instructions on this because I am not sure what  1. Disable all media hotkeys from your keyboard settings
2. Disable all media keys from MusicBee Preferences -> Hotkeys exactly means I just disabled global while attempting this...) The media keys work perfectly while the program is focused without issue. I have a HP Multimedia Keyboard kb-0630 using the Enhanced Mulmedia PS/2 Keyboard driver, and yes it is Mulmedia not multimedia.

darkaaja

ADD: I forgot to mention other keys set to global (eg. Ctrl + P) Work

Steven

• Administrator
the latest 2.4 version should work better with multi-media keys for computers where it wasnt working before.
However i suspect in your case it might still not work when MB is not focussed but still worth trying:

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_4/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

unzip and replace the existing files

darkaaja

I tried the 2.5 patch and it seems to have completely broken my multimedia keys rather than fix them 0_o. Thanks for trying but I guess I am stuck with using Ctrl + * for my music controls :'(.

Steven

• Administrator
i get it working as before easily enough, however i would need you to run a test version to see if i can get it working when MB is not the focused application, so let me know if you are happy to do that

darkaaja

Well I mean why not? I wouldn't mind potentially getting this working.  :D

Steven

• Administrator
i dont think i will be able to get this working for your keyboard setup when MB is not focused.
I have restored the old functionality so it should work when MB is focused

darkaaja

Thanks a lot Steven. It is slightly disappointing not to be able to use Multimedia keys but I can deal with [Ctrl + *].  :)

MasterP

Hi,

i am having the same problem since i switched to Win8.1. Media keys only affect MB when it is focused.
It used to work before on the same machine (including Logitech Media Keyboard 600) though.

Same using MB 2.3.5188 and 2.4.5282 linked in this thread.

Some new Windows feature?   >:(