Author Topic: Couple of Questions  (Read 3362 times)

Logan

So I've trying for a while to convert to AAC with MusicBee to no avail. Is anybody able to take my encoder parameters from below and format them to work with MB? They work with Foobar with just the filename parameter passed in addition to what's here.

-V64 --no-optimize -o

My second question is also regarding AAC. Does MB have an optimize mp4 feature like Foobar and Mp3Tag have?

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
in the NeroAACCodec.zip you obtained neroAacEnc.exe from, there is a PDF tutorial with info on the command line options.
your -V64  is  AAC LC, TVBR 64 (using qaac.exe)
Nero only supports VBR not TVBR
-q 0.25 is (averaged) VBR 66k/b
to force 'no optimization' you would also need to use the -lc switch
eg. -q 0.25 -lc -if - -of [outputfile]
otherwise leave the -lc out and Nero will auto determine the ideal AAC profile
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Logan

Thanks for your help. I am using QAAC to encode and have pointed MB to it.  Sorry I wasn't clear about this.  The command line I have is perfect as far  as output quality is concerned, I just can't figure how to get MB to pass the file parameters to it correctly.

Steven

• Administrator
you would need to include [outputfile] somewhere, as a guess after -o

-V64 --no-optimize -o [outputfile]

Logan

Steven, I figured something similar to that initially; and although it didn't work. It at least gave me the confidence that we were on the right track. I cross-referenced what we had with what I use in foobar and it turns out we just needs a dash on the end.

EG:     -V64 --no-optimize -o [outputfile] -

Thanks both of you for the help. I love the way I never go away empty handed from here.