Author Topic: Change Remixer to read/write TPE4  (Read 6148 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
MusicBee writes Remixer to a TXXX tag, when there is already a Mix Artist tag, TPE4 (available in Custom Tags, I know, but that doesn't show up in the artist credits in MB).   Picard writes Remixer to TPE4, and I'd like for MusicBee to be able to import it without extra steps.

There's a similar issue with Performers brewing, but that's such a complicated standard that I don't know if I'd advocate for change, at least until Picard offers more control over how Performer credits are written (which I've been asking about, but it doesn't seem to have made much impact).  There's a thread going here at the moment, related to getting Picard and MB to talk to each other: http://forums.musicbrainz.org/viewtopic.php?id=4903
Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 01:48:44 PM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
For MP3 files I have changed MB so it reads TPE4 into the REMIXER artist role and writes the value to TPE4 (and still reads/writes TXXX/REMIXER to keep compatability)

I know TMCL and TIPL are documented in the ID3 standards but it always struck me as too loose about how its to be used so i have avoided it.
edit:
another reason I dont use TIPL is because I dont think the other players use it consistently and i recall can be free-form in mediamonkey
Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 09:35:13 PM by Steven

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Thank you!

I agree with you about TIPL/TMCL.  Especially since it gets weirder with v2.3 using IPLS, and the whole way the "standard" is done for MP3s, which IMO is an awful kludge, and requires other kludges to turn into usable data.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
MusicBee write Remixer to a TXXX tag, when there is already a Mix Artist tag, TPE4 (available in Custom Tags, I know, but that doesn't show up in the artist credits in MB).   Picard writes Remixer to TPE4, and I'd like for MusicBee to be able to import it without extra steps.

Hey! That was my wish back here.
Shame on you scampbll! You wish-napper, you.  ;D
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
i just realised there would be conflict for anyone using the "Mix Artist" custom tag when saving. I will fix it but for now MB will save the Remixer values from the Artist splitter in preference to the values in any custom tag used

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hey! That was my wish back here.
Shame on you scampbll! You wish-napper, you.  ;D

Whoops, I didn't even think to search.  It was instigated by the conversation in MusicBrainz forums.  You can have all the credit.  :)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Nah.  I'll give the credit to Steven for implementing the change.  :)  8)
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together