Author Topic: Plz help! What does this mean exactly?  (Read 3413 times)

Space Octopus

• Teach a Man To Reason, He'll Think For a Lifetime
Hi, so I wanted to send some files to be re-scanned, and I got a message asking me if I was sure, since "tracks imported from the itunes library may have file tags missing, {see help/support/error log]  You could loose (btw that's a major typo in the program lol) tag files from your library if the files are not corrected first."
Ok, so I also want to know what exactly that means....I'm confused by it. But I'm even more confused by this, which was in the error log I checked, which was next to most of the files/songs & the reason behind the question:
"has tags defined in the iTunes library that are missing in the music file"

What can I do about these things? I tried checking the wiki but couldn't seem to find any information about either message. I'm at a loss...if you could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.
I just mostly want to know what exactly I'd be losing if I re-scan the library.
Make it so, number one.

Steven

• Administrator
it means that iTunes hasnt actually saved tags for all the music files in your iTunes library ie. what is displayed in the iTunes library is not the same as what is saved to the music file.
When importing the files via the iTunes import function, MB has detected this inconsistency and listed those filenames in the error log.
If need to take some action eg. resave the listed files in iTunes

Space Octopus

So would it not matter if I plan to never use itunes again? Could I just ignore this? I'm still not clear on what exactly I'd be losing. Sorry. Thanks so much for your help. :)
Make it so, number one.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It means you will need to retag your files, but once that's done you will be iTunes free forever, if you want.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest patches (3.5/3.6)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Space Octopus

Man....that sucks...I don't get it, so that would happen every time I re-scan things, just because some songs are not tagged? I mean, I've tagged quite a lot of files since I started using musicbee....& I got rid of itunes a while ago, but this is a huge problem for me. Isn't there some way to re-scan selected files without it affecting the others? :(
Make it so, number one.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It sounds like it might be possible for you to get the tags saved to the files with iTunes and then rescan them.  It's just that if you rescan them right now, the ones you haven't tagged yet with MB will lose their tags.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest patches (3.5/3.6)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)