Author Topic: capitalize genre  (Read 4971 times)

TASMANI

how can i capitalize only genre field?

and second question if we have double genre in one track how can delete it easily?
for example i make some things wrong and i saw to a track that has that genre
Alternative Pop Rock; Alternative Rock; Alternative Indie Rock; American; American; Live; Pop Rock

American is twice
and a third question how can we make a date in this form 01/01/2014 to year field to show 2014 only the year i mean
Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 09:32:28 PM by TASMANI

TASMANI

this plugin solve me one of the three problems i had and specific the probleg with capitalize but whata bout the other two?

redwing

and second question if we have double genre in one track how can delete it easily?
for example i make some things wrong and i saw to a track that has that genre
Alternative Pop Rock; Alternative Rock; Alternative Indie Rock; American; American; Live; Pop Rock
American is twice

Use Tools> Tagging Tools> Search & Replace with the following settings:

If there are multiple duplicate entries, you need to apply it multiple times until there's no match.

and a third question how can we make a date in this form 01/01/2014 to year field to show 2014 only the year i mean

Add Year(yyyy) field from 'Other fields' to the main panel.

boroda

@TASMANI
Try latest version of plugin:
http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Additional_Tagging_and_Reporting_Tools

Advanced Search & Replace command, 'Remove duplicated entries from <Tag 1>' preset.

TASMANI

ok with the years problem

about the duplicates genres ... redwing solution didn't work it says to me NO MATCHES FOUND
boroda74 i found the  Remove duplicated entries from <Tag 1>  preset i use it but it didn't make any changes
but itried to some tracks and i figure how it works..but something is wrong for example
Alternative Rock; Hard Rock; Heavy Metal; Metal; Pop Rock; Rock; Speed Metal
the preset change it to
Alternative Rock; Hard Rock; Heavy Metal; Metal; Pop Rock; Rock; Speed
that means speed metal because of metal duplicate erase the metal from speed but these are not duplicates genres
Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 10:18:13 PM by TASMANI

redwing

about the duplicates genres ... redwing solution didn't work it says to me NO MATCHES FOUND

On further tests, I can confirm the regex I posted before is not working for some cases. If I can improve it, I will post it (But, it's not easy to make regex work for multi-value fields with the tool). Otherwise, wait for boroda74's fixing the preset.

redwing

Search for:
([\s\S]*)\1

Replace with:
$1

will work for genres in multiple words as well. But, it only works when the track has multiple genres. So it works for and can fix "Hard Rock; Hard Rock; Pop; Pop", but doesn't work for "Pop; Pop".

TASMANI

as i can see redwing solution worked just perfect in the tracks that i have notice the duplicates entries..

now i will try the preset too

thanks both of you for helping me and everyone in this foroum