Author Topic: I want to report a bug but i want to try first with default settings  (Read 3799 times)

lnminente

Hi, many times i don't report bugs because i think it is something which happens only with my settings.

Is there an easy way of testing Musicbee with default settings? I don't want to make two different installations, I want to be sure nothing gets broken in my actual MusicBee installation. I use to update MB before reporting any bug.

Would be sufficient renaming MusicBeeSettings.ini from the appdata folder and after the testing restoring that file?
Or i should have to create a new MusicBeeSettings.ini with only some elements it? What elements should be?

TIA!

redwing

If you launch MB without the settings file, it will create the default one.

lnminente

mmhh ok thanks Redwing. I did a test and see now i can't make a minimal settings file with my basic layout. I created a clean musicbeesetting.ini with <TabsInCaption>true</TabsInCaption> but MB says the settings file is corrupted

By the way, here goes a remind of a wish i posted when i was a child :D
Adding the option to the SHIFTED startup menu, the one which appears when you press shift key while clicking the icon to run MB,  to run it with the default settings temporally for making this bug hunting process easier.

lnminente

As Steven pointed me in the following thread http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=12452.msg75573 the rare problem i was having was because of the minilyrics plugin.

Why i put this here? Because it would be great also adding the ability of disabling all the plugins temporally in that wished musicbee's execution for testing
Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 01:39:38 AM by lnminente