Author Topic: Editing ID Tags FLAC Files  (Read 5419 times)

musicmafia

for some reason i have to run musicbee as admin to do many functions such as editing tags...the tags appear edited in MB but when i go to source folder on external M drive the tags are not changed....in fact when i try using windows to manually edit FLAC file tags on my M drive i get an error message saying "unable to write id tags for...". as part of my troubleshoot i have disabled all security software for the M drive and made sure they were not locked or set to read only. anyone else have issues editing flac files? i'm stumped.

redwing

redwing

Try to copy some of those files to your PC and see if you can edit them with MB (if not, with Windows Explorer) there. This would tell you whether the problem is with your files or with accessing your external HDD.

musicmafia

Try to copy some of those files to your PC and see if you can edit them with MB (if not, with Windows Explorer) there. This would tell you whether the problem is with your files or with accessing your external HDD.

sure enough when i move them to internal drive i can edit the tags using windows....i have permissions set to everyone and full control for those files on the M drive, no idea why it wont let me edit the flac files but the mp3 files edit fine on M drive...

redwing

redwing

I saw a report that Windows 7 has a problem handling MP3 files on an external drive if they have "/" or "!" characters in tags. Not sure that applies to FLAC files as well, though.

musicmafia

windows 7....mp3 files will edit fine...only the flac files will not

redwing

Can you PM me a couple of those FLAC files? I will see if I could reproduce the issue.

redwing

One thing looking strange is why ID tag error message with FLAC files? You might want to check if those files have ID3 tags in addition to Vorbis comment tags. If that's the case, you should remove all ID3 tags from those files.

jonny

I am also getting this.
I have checked the permissions of the flac file.
I can edit mp3 files fine.
tryed two different flac files now.
if I use the auto tagger some how to sets the taags but I cant do it manually