Author Topic: Having trouble customising my compact player to my liking  (Read 2793 times)

ZodarH

Hi,

I installed Musicbee over a year ago and were able to customise the player precisely to my liking, and was loving it for this period of time. I just had to do a complete reinstall though, and with the latest version I seem to be unable to get things back to how they were. Perhaps someone can help me shed some light on my main issue?

I use the compact player, with the "now playing" as my playlist. Before I had the now playing assistant set to global hotkey ctrl-s, so I could bring it up and search and jump to any track of my choosing at any time. Now however, whenever I search in the now playing assistant and click on the tracks, instead of jumping to and playing the selected track, it clears the now playing list and adds the tracks which fulfilled the search in the now playing assistant window.

This really bugs the crap out of me, does anyone know how I can set it so searching with the now playing assistant and then clicking on the searched track simply jumps to and plays it in the now playing list in my compact player?

Also, is there a queue manager that I can bring up somehow?... I seem to be unable to find anything about it. Also, adding queue numbers to queued tracks would also be helpful.

My sincerest thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer this in any way.

Regards,

Z

Steven

• Administrator
it sounds like you want it to find the track in the current Now Playing list rather than searching and playing files from your library.
Just click "Other" in the now playing assistant and choose "Now Playing"

ZodarH

Thank you so much!

Didn't notice this since this had changed from the last version I used. Showing again why Musicbee is the go-to music player - adding more options for library management while retaining the possibility to use it according to personal preferences is something that is amazing and I wish more companies used as their software development philosophy...

redwing

Also, is there a queue manager that I can bring up somehow?... I seem to be unable to find anything about it. Also, adding queue numbers to queued tracks would also be helpful.

Select tracks in now playing list> Right click> Queue next> Right click on now playing list> Manage Play Queue