Author Topic: Rotating cover art. Image 1 blank; Image 2 fine on currently playing tracks  (Read 7530 times)

EvilPeppard

When playing a song in MB, the song initially starts with no cover art displayed. Then, after a few moments the correct album art image shows up. A few moments later it disappears. This cycle continues with every song. I currently am using MB version 2.4.5198 (a patched version of 2.3 that addresses some player control issues outlined here: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=12367.msg75108#msg75108)

When I click on the art work of the song currently playing, I see:

Image 1: Album Cover
Image 2: Album Cover
Enable Image Rotation

Image 2: Album Cover has the correct image, and Image 1: Album Cover is (apparently) blank. The reason the images cycle between blank and correct artwork is because I have 'Enable Image Rotation' checked.

My question is, how to I either fix 'Image 1: Album Cover' so it shows an image, or how do I delete 'Image 1: Album Cover' so it doesn't even show up and the correct album art in 'Image 2: Album Cover' always is displayed?

Thank you in advance for your assistance and feedback.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Does the first album art not show up in the Tag Editor, where you can delete it?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

EvilPeppard

Does the first album art not show up in the Tag Editor, where you can delete it?
When I right click the currently playing song in the playlist and choose Edit, there is information under the Tags tab, but nothing under the Tags (2) tab. Also, when I click the Artwork tab, I get a message stating 'A picture is corrupted, no longer exists or is inaccessible.'

If I highlight the currently playing song and hit Shift+Enter, I see the album artwork thumbnail on the Artwork tab, but if I click to another tab, such as Tags (2), then back to Artwork, I get the same message 'A picture is corrupted, no longer exists or is inaccessible.'

Does that help?

EvilPeppard

Any other thoughts on this? I suppose I could just uninstall MusicBee, delete all my MusicBee folders, and try installing again to fix it.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If the problem is in the file, reinstalling MusicBee won't help.  Once you get the message about a corrupt file, you still can't delete anything on the Artwork tab?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

EvilPeppard

If the problem is in the file, reinstalling MusicBee won't help.  Once you get the message about a corrupt file, you still can't delete anything on the Artwork tab?

No, after I get the message and click ok to acknowledge it, then I can delete the artwork.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

What is strange is, I have MusicBee installed on my media PC at home with no issues. I copied all my music and brought it to work, installed MB here, and am having the issue.

I actually had a similar issue a while back on this same computer/install where MB was showing the same album art for all songs playing: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=11504.msg70140#msg70140

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Check your artwork search rules and paths in Tags (1) and rescan your artwork.
It might be that  ???
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

EvilPeppard

Check your artwork search rules and paths in Tags (1) and rescan your artwork.
It might be that  ???
I've tried re-scanning artwork under the Tags (1) settings in Preferences. No change.

At this point I think I need to clear whatever cache MusicBee is using, and do either a fresh import, or a fresh scan to get my artwork in line. Do you concur? Is there a simple way to do that?

For reference, MusicBee is installed in the default location on my C drive, but my music is all sitting on D:\Music. The files are not in separate folders. All *mp3 files are in the root of D:\Music.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
At this point I think I need to clear whatever cache MusicBee is using

you can do that via File> Advanced> Reset Artwork Cache
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

EvilPeppard

Ok, thanks. I have done that, then closed and re-opened MB. Will MB automatically re-scan my music for artwork, or do I need to do something manually?

EvilPeppard

Ok, thanks. I have done that, then closed and re-opened MB. Will MB automatically re-scan my music for artwork, or do I need to do something manually?

Well, even after doing this, Music Bee still alternates between blank and cover art on each song. :(

BusyMusicBee

When playing a song in MB, the song initially starts with no cover art displayed. Then, after a few moments the correct album art image shows up. A few moments later it disappears. This cycle continues with every song. I currently am using MB version 2.4.5198 (a patched version of 2.3 that addresses some player control issues outlined here: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=12367.msg75108#msg75108)

When I click on the art work of the song currently playing, I see:

Image 1: Album Cover
Image 2: Album Cover
Enable Image Rotation

Image 2: Album Cover has the correct image, and Image 1: Album Cover is (apparently) blank. The reason the images cycle between blank and correct artwork is because I have 'Enable Image Rotation' checked.

My question is, how to I either fix 'Image 1: Album Cover' so it shows an image, or how do I delete 'Image 1: Album Cover' so it doesn't even show up and the correct album art in 'Image 2: Album Cover' always is displayed?

Thank you in advance for your assistance and feedback.

I am having this same issue. I have all of my artwork embedded into the actual music files (I'M OCD lol) and still had the issue. Also, everytime I've tried to reinstall MB it had assigned a default image to all of my music files as image 1, which I had to go into MB's program files and delete so that image 1 would at least show up blank with "no cover art" displayed.

Hope we can find a fix for this :-\

Steven

• Administrator

EvilPeppard

can you PM me a link to a zip of one of the problem files
Do you mean send you one of the music files?

P.S. My MB install is still doing this on my work computer, but I have no problems with album art on my home media PC. I now am running version 2.4.5269.