Author Topic: Clear playback queue on popup menu  (Read 8331 times)

brx

I think that it would be handy to have this option for us lazy people.  ;D
Sometimes I don't want to open Now Playing Assistant just to select all items and hit 'Delete'.

Thanks! :)

redwing

Not sure what you mean but there's "clear list" command if you right-click on now playing list. Also you can assign a hotkey for that command.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Also, if a track (or tracks) has a queue number next to it, you can right click and choose "remove from queue"
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

brx

Ok, here's better description (example)

I have, for example, 15 tracks queued up (numbers set and all), but I changed my mind and I want to clear the list, so there would not be any tracks that are in queue and playback would play normally...
This way if I want to clear the queue list, I must click on Manage Play Queue, than, select all and hit Delete, which is little slow...
Because of that, I think that it would be awesome option to have in MB. :)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
What do you mean by "playback would play normally"?  Are you using shuffle, or Auto-DJ or are only your queued tracks in the Now Playing List?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

Select those numbered tracks> right click> Remove from Queue

brx

This is it, but it's slow to select all tracks separately, because, if I for example have 50 songs numbered, I think it's better to have an option to clear playback queue.

Steven

• Administrator
right click/ Manage Play Queue which is visible in the Now Playing List when there are queued tracks
you can clear all queued tracks from that dialog

redwing

brx

That's where you started, but now you like it?

Not quite, but I had a feeling that it wouldn't be implemented, so I gave up.

So, sorry if I don't choose your answer if that's the case.

I don't really want to say, hey that option has x player, check it out, for example.
I don't know how would you react, so I don't want to mention that.

So, that's the case, sorry again!

redwing

No idea why you apologize to me.

Your answer to my reply:

This is it, but it's slow to select all tracks separately, because, if I for example have 50 songs numbered, I think it's better to have an option to clear playback queue.

itself stands as a wish, which makes sense.

But all of sudden you seemed to have no problem with your original issue. That's why I asked you what's going on.

Of course, you can retract your wish any time. But that doesn't sound like you really wanted to.

brx

No idea why you apologize to me.

Your answer to my reply:

itself stands as a wish, which makes sense.

But all of sudden you seemed to have no problem with your original issue. That's why I asked you what's going on.

Of course, you can retract your wish any time. But that doesn't sound like you really wanted to.

Ok, I was very busy, so I didn't reply on your post, also I was thinking about how to best describe an option, but my knowledge of English is not that good and it takes time to make a reasonable sentence. :D
Thanks! :)

Zak

• Global Moderator
Given that you can assign a hotkey to the command to clear the Now Playing List you can also create a toolbar button which does the same.
Bee excellent to each other...

sjakubos

Not sure what you mean but there's "clear list" command if you right-click on now playing list. Also you can assign a hotkey for that command.

This worked perfectly! Thanks for the tip!!