Author Topic: Advanced Tagging Tool & Podcasts?  (Read 4205 times)

myrmidongs

Not sure if I'm asking in the right section, but here goes.

Most of my podcasts download and already have the Genre: Podcast tag correctly done from their publisher. Some don't. I wanted to use the Advanced Search and Replace tool in the Additional Tagging plugin in a manner similar to this How-To that shows how to set a smartlist to auto-convert Replaygain tags.

Here's where I'm at so far:
To cover all my bases, I created a custom tag for players that happen to go by the iTunes media type metatag rather than just Genre. That was actually pretty easy, and already laid out in a post I had found here.

Now I'm on the complicated part. I need to create a custom preset for the Advanced Search and Replace tool such that if a file is in my smart-playist "Podcasts" (already done, easy to do via same method from the Replaygain Howto), if the tags "Genre" and "ITUNESMEDIATYPE" are not "Podcast", then it replaces whatever is in there with "Podcast". There isn't a whole lot of documentation on the Advanced Search and Replace tool, and I can't get that last piece of the puzzle to work. Anyone here want to try working some magic and see if you can help me out?

Thanks

redwing

You could create an auto-playlist that meets those conditions and then auto-apply a preset to the playlist to auto-replace those tags.

auto-playlist conditions:

"playlist" "is" "Podcasts" and then click [.] which means <and>
match <any> of "Genre" "is not" "Podcast" or "ITUNESMEDIATYPE" "is not" "Podcast"

For the preset to auto-apply, it seems one needs to be modified to do the job. Hope boroda74 will give you instructions on that.

redwing

@boroda74:

It might be useful if <custom text> is selectable for <Tag 1> of copy tag preset so that users could input a custom text that will be copied to <Tag 2>.

boroda

myrmidongs