Author Topic: Please HELP. MB keeps putting my music on my external drive......  (Read 34714 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
the above is certainly one of the scenarios i tested so it should work.

got it to work!  :)
originally, when MB wouldn't completely auto-organise the tracks moved, my W:\ folder path was S:\My Music\Incoming and template was <Disc-Track#>-<Artist>-<Album>.
By changing the path and template to what's in the screenshot, it does work as expected  ::)

Is there any particular reason you defined the path and template differently between the S: and W: rules?

Only that I didn't think the template would need to be duplicated.  I thought that once I had them on the S: drive, the naming template for there would take over.

I see now, that I need to match the folder path completely for this to happen.

Thanks for checking on this and sorry if I wasted your time
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
i will probably make a change because as you say it should have just used the S: rule

Steven

• Administrator
@bee-liever, i tried using very similar settings where the source drive mapped to the same root folder as the target drive mapping but had a different naming template. MB is already checking if the root folders are the same and should be applying the mapping rule for the target drive/ disregardng the source drive rule ie. it should have already been working as you expected. I was wondering how you actually send the files to the library eg. right click/ Send To, drag/ drop or some other way?

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
I was wondering how you actually send the files to the library eg. right click/ Send To, drag/ drop or some other way?

right-click/ Send To/ Music Library

with reference to the post here, I found everything works fine as long as the two red highlighted fields contained the exact same path.  If I truncate that path, or create an entirely different one on the same drive, MB will move the files correctly but the original naming template won't take over and rename them.

I understand now, for that to happen, the files have to be in the same 'to folder:' that the naming template references.

I think it was my understanding of how the naming templates were applied that was at fault, more than anything MB is doing.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together