Author Topic: Auto-tag using sound signiture not working  (Read 6149 times)

ken481

Hi Guys

I am new to Music Bee - i tried using the Autotag feature to identify track and subsequently tag it using the sound signiture - but i tried multiple tracks but none of them got he tag data updated.

I always get - no tags where updated.

Not sure if this requires any settings i am missing to make it work

Ken

Steven

• Administrator
its working ok for me, except its not updating the album tag if its blank, so i have fixed that for the next v2.4 update.
can you post a screenshot of the auto-tag dialog so i can see how you have set the parameters?

edit:
this is the updated version with the album name fix. Although i dont think that is your issue:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_4/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files
Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 11:32:57 PM by Steven

ken481

Thanks for your help

Can you please tell me which is the aut-tag dialog - is it found in the preferences under Tag2? - where you have a list of services from where to get the tag info?

Ken

ken481

Hi tried the latest patch - still same issue - where can i send you screenshots

Ken

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Instructions for screenshots: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Screenshots
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

I think Steven meant Auto-tag by track configuration dialog.

Also note that it doesn't work always accurately, nor it can recognize every song. For those reasons, I rarely use the feature.
Try with some standard popular tracks to see if it's really broken or just can't recognize your tracks. At least it's working fine for me.

Steven

• Administrator
the settings look ok and as redwing suggests the sound signature doesnt always work. Trying myself on my own tracks its working fine.
If you want, you can PM me a link to the file and i will try to see if there isnt some other issue going on for you.

Steven

• Administrator
i had no problems with the file you sent. Are you sure MusicBee can connect to the internet? eg. your security software isnt blocking access
You should get a dialog that says "analysing the diigital sound signature" that displays for 15-30 secs. If that doesnt happen its likely the internet access is being blocked

ken481

Yes i get that Dialogue but the tag is not updated - it only lasts for 1-2 seconds but

It tell me no tags were updated

Yes it can connect to internet since i did manage to update cover art

Ken

ken481

IT WORKED!!!

Ok let me explain

So if you right click on the track - you need to select Auto-tag by tract and it works

Before i was selecting EDIT  - > Auto-tag now - that does not work

Ken