Author Topic: SoundCloud search  (Read 17055 times)

Steven

• Administrator
I have added a "Web Search" service located in the Internet node that allows you to search and play tracks from SoundCloud. The results are sorted by the most favourited tracks. Where a track is flagged as downloadable, you can right click/ Download

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_4/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

MechTa

Awesome addition. Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to add a way to generate a link to the track on SoundCloud, so that I can visit the track page in my web browser. For example right clicking the search result and hitting Send To > Send Link To Clipboard

Steven

• Administrator
i have added right click/ Open with Default Browser command that opens the permanent link page for the track on soundcloud.com

MechTa

Jerm56

Wow how useful this feature will be! Coming from someone who has downloads probably 75% of his music trough soundcloud, this is greatly appreciated. However a few more tweaks would make using this so much better if at all possible:

Some added fields:
Artwork - Being able to see it next to the searches &  in the now playing panel would be great
Date Posted
Uploaded By
Downloadable (blank or  ?) -  it's time consuming to have to right click each track to find one that can be downloaded.

The ability to enable/disable any of the fields, and reposition them around how I like would be awesome!

Ultimately a full soundcloud integration into Musicbee would be beyond incredible. I would love to be able to link my soundcloud account straight to my musicbee! Things like:

1. Ability to like & repost tracks and follow people straight from musicbee
2. Musicbee to soundcloud upload integration
3. Create playlists consisting of soundcloud links, or even  a mix of soundcloud links & downloaded music files.
4. Create 'soundcloud sets' via soundcloud links links that are visable in musicbee and on my soundcloud.

Something along the lines of this?

Just spitballing ideas, really don't know how time consuming / possible any of this would be, but if it could be done it'd blow my mind.

;D  
And thank you very much for this feature!

Steven

• Administrator
you can do 3) with the current version

Jerm56

you can do 3) with the current version

:o ooo i didn't even try earlier!

phred

• Global Moderator
Should I be seeing a SoundCloud item in the Internet Searches let navigation tab/list?  If so, I don't.  Using MB 2.4.5191 under Internet I have Services, MP3 Blogs, Searches, and Web Stores.  Under Searches I have Dogpile, elbo.ws, Hype Machine, Last.fm, Podbop, and Wikipedia.  Where is SoundCloud?  And when I right-click on any of the search links, I don't see a "Open in default browser" option.  I feel like I'm missing something.  Just don't know what.

Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm on the same version and it's the first item under Searches.  Have you tried disabling and re-enabling the Internet node?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
its called "Track Search" and is the first item in the "Internet"/"Internet Services" node.

HHM

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks Steven and Scampbll.  Steven - in your first post you did say it was a "service."  But I kept looking under "Searches."  "Track Search" it is, and it works quite well.  Thanks for adding it.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
i've made the following changes:
- added ex.fm as a source for searches
- an icon indicates downloadable soundcloud tracks (no ex.fm tracks are downloadable)
- clicking on the soundcloud icon for a track opens the soundcloud web page for that track using the musicbee internal browser
- mouseover the soundcloud icon shows a tooltip with the upload date and user who uploaded the track

ProfessorMarvel

Sorry Steven, I am getting a file not found (even tried the wiki). Anybody else? Can the link be re-uploaded. Thanks!

Keep up the great work on this amazing program!!

redwing

Working fine for me. Why don't you try it again?