Author Topic: Seeing play order during shuffle  (Read 2853 times)

ProfessorMarvel

Is there any way to see the play order when simply shuffling your music? I know I can use the Auto DJ, but sometimes I just like to quickly shuffle a playlist or selection of songs. Some theatre modes have an option to see the 'upcoming' songs, but can't find a way in the 'Now Playing' list to sort by shuffled order.

Thanks!

Zak

• Global Moderator
Nope.

For that:

1. Disable shuffle
2. Load the songs you want to hear into the Now Playing list
3. Right click any track in the list and select Shuffle list.

That will play your songs in random order but still allow you to see what's coming up next.

Me, I like to be surprised.  :)
Bee excellent to each other...

ProfessorMarvel

Thanks Zak. That'll work for what I need. (A few more steps than I would like, but I can live with it!)

Not sure why when I right click on an artist and select Send To -> Auto DJ, it only takes the first track of the artist and mixes the rest with other things. One would think just what was selected should be passed to Auto DJ. Am I missing something?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Not sure why when I right click on an artist and select Send To -> Auto DJ, it only takes the first track of the artist and mixes the rest with other things. One would think just what was selected should be passed to Auto DJ. Am I missing something?

That's how Auto DJ is supposed to work.  It picks tracks randomly based on the Auto DJ settings.  It only sticks to the same artist if you have it set to favor the same artist.

If you want to only play the selected artist, use Right Click > Play More...
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)