Author Topic: sqlite3.dll - How to target this library in .NET?  (Read 4844 times)

e-motiv

After a long, long time, I'm trying to make my Ghost Tracks plugin to work again.
Now I've noted a very big startup issue.
In the past, to be able to use sqlite functions for my plugin's sqlite database, I used the dll's that were delivered with MusicBee itself (C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\System.Data.SQLite.dll). I called them via "System.Data.SQLite" and it worked. But these dll's are now gone. The only relevant dll that I can see in Muscbee, is "C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\sqlite3.dll". But I'm guessing this is not "System.Data.SQLite", but some thin wrapper. I'm not sure if I can use that one nor how.
I'm not even sure if it's used inside the code of Musicbee itself or if it's indirectly used by some other (Microsoft or not) libraries and somehow automated (in the IDE or elsewhere).

The other option, namely delivering my own sqlite dll's, is probably also not good, since for one thing, people might have different processors and the X86 or 64b .NET might be or not installed and since there is no setup for a plugin, there is no way to target the correct library.

Maybe I can use other storage types, but prefer to use the same kind that Musicbee does and also one that it's accessible and searchable fast enough inside and outside Musicbee. I'm guessing a flat csv file is way to slow for searching 10K entries with different fields..

(P.S. I'm using Nant in combination with Eclipse to develop in .NET)

All help appreciated! Thank you.
Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 01:52:31 AM by R U Bn ?
  Developing @ e-motiv.net       --       Musicbee plugins: Speak Back - Ghost Tracks - Radio Dig

Steven

• Administrator