Author Topic: Get information about current playlist  (Read 3754 times)

allright

Hey guys,
I'm making a plugin which allows to remove a song from the current playlist and continue playing with the next song with one click. For that, I need to know the playlist which is currently playing to delete it from there. Also, I have multiple auto-playlists where the simple "remove" will obviously not work and where I instead want to adjust the rating. SO is there any way to determine the current playlist and if it is a normal or auto one? If not, are there maybe any plans of implementing it?

Steven

• Administrator
all playing tracks are accessible on the NowPlayingList_* api calls
you can remove a track from the now playing list via the api, but not physically delete the track - if you physically delete the file yourself then the file would remain as a dead link on the source playlists

BioBiro

On this subject, is there a way to get the 'Name' of the current playlist?

IIRC, I tried this and could not find an API method/parameter for it. Probably missed it.

Steven

• Administrator
there is none because the playing tracks is considered to be a temporary playlist that just may happen to have the same tracks as a real playlist because you initiated playback from a playlist

allright

That's the problem, I don't want to delete the track only from the NowPlaying list, but from the real playlist where the playing was initiated, e.g. I double click playlist X, playing starts with track Y, I click a button and track y gets removed from NowPlaying as well as playlist X. Also, I assume there is no possibilty of finding out if a playlist is auto generated or not?