Author Topic: How to reset selection in Column Browser  (Read 3157 times)

junebaug

I wonder if there is a one click solution to reset the selection made in the column browser to reflect the whole library again as starting point for a new selection procedure.

The conventional way I do it is to click into each column onto the top listing point "All" - but I have to do this for each and every column.

Other way is to bind the column browser again to the same library.

But there must be an easier way  ???

Anyone can help here?

Regards
 Ralf

redwing

Because it's filtering from left to right you only need to reset a parent column to reset all child columns on the right from it. To reset all columns, click on the node you're working on from left navigator (one click). Another way is re-opening column browser using a hotkey.

junebaug

you are right  :o For some reason I thought I had to set back each column separatly. Well to do it just for the most left one is simple.

Regarding the Hotkey: do you mean: View: Show Coulumn Browser? Then had to use it twice, onetime for closing and another time for opening. I found no Re-Open??

The trick with the node was what I meant with: bind the column browser again to the same library. But thanx anyway ;-)

junebaug

Ha! There is it: if you have 4 columns and make a selection starting in column 3 from the left - then you cannot reset the column browser by clicking onto "all" in the most left column. You have to click onto "all" at the column with the first choice done.

Although clicking to "all" is no one-click operation, as it affords scrolling up in most times.

So I end up with the "node-trick" - if Steven does not introduce a special hotkey for this  ;)

hiccup