Author Topic: Tags of type TXXX always stored in UPPERCASE in mp3 files by MusicBee  (Read 5613 times)

vzell

It turns out, if you register new TXXX:Whatever tags (mixed case) as custom tags in MusicBee, they will be read but always stored in uppercase by MusicBee in the MP3 file. When registering COMM:Whatever tags (mixed case) in MusicBee, MusicBee preserves the capitalization. Is this intended behaviour ?

I am asking because I'm tagging my files initially with Picard from MusicBrainz which tags with a lot of mixed case identifier versions like:

MusicBrainz Release Track Id
  MusicBrainz Release Group Id

I then use MusicBee to download the lyrics and also use MusicBee to produce the SYLT variant of the lyrics.
Then I save the tags from MusicBee, but actually MusicBee UPPERCASEes the original MiXeDcAsEd versions coming from MusicBrainz like:

MUSICBRAINZ RELEASE TRACK ID
  MUSICBRAINZ RELEASE GROUP ID

When I want to re-tag now with Picard, Picard doesn't recognize the uppercase versions of it's identifiers anymore.

vzell

I actually mean, the TXXX tag names are stored in uppercase not the values of this tags.

redwing

Try editing CustomTagConfig.xml in AppData folder in your desired name.

If there are cases even this can't help, then I don't think that could be resolved without Steven's help.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Editing CustomTagConfig.xml won't help if the tags aren't configured as Custom Tags.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

vzell

I just checked.

If you change in CustomTagConfig.xml the TXXX/Whatever to mixed case, MusicBee preserves that information until after you change the CustomTag configuration again from the Preferences dialog. Then the whole file is rewritten again, but everything in UPPERCASE :-(
When you are not changing the CustomTag configuration again, it even writes the mixed case tags back to the mp3 files after a change to an arbitrary tag.

Steven can we somehow have an option to freeze the capitalization after entering them via the GUI dialog ? because afterwards MusicBee behaves as expected.

Thanks

vzell

It seems one of the MusicBrainz/Picard developers is working on this issue, as I have also raised the issue on the picard forum.

o http://forums.musicbrainz.org/viewtopic.php?pid=25461#p25461