Author Topic: I have Last.fm premium and i still can't stream with AutoDJ  (Read 2508 times)

mrSilkie

When i go into the autoDJ dialog box and try to enable web streaming from Last.fm so i can get it to play music similar to the music i listen to, for example sometimes i'm in a mood for a specific sound so it would be an extremely handy feature. However, when ever i check the box to enable last.fm streaming it says

"Last.fm requires you have a paid subscription to listen to music streams via third party applications such as MusicBee"

I've tried opening and closing it, signing in and out of last.fm in the musicbee application but i don't know what could cause it. However, i only bought the premium like 10 minutes ago but the email says it's activated.
Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 03:33:57 PM by mrSilkie

Steven

• Administrator
the premium subscription flag is cached when you first logged in to last.fm. I will try and come up with a better solution at a later date but for now locate and edit the following file:
c:\users\<your id>\appData\Roaming\MusicBee\LastFmConnect.dat
changing the last line from 0 to 1

However i think last.fm changed the rules last year and even premium customers cant listen to radio streams with third party apps except in a few limited countries

mrSilkie

Thanks Steven, I've got it to work and I'm hoping this solution comes up in google as i couldn't find any results. This program is amazing and completely solves my issues with having a separate hard drive with music on it being tied to itunes which gets removed along with all my playlists and other data when i reinstall my operating system.