Author Topic: playlists not updating on device  (Read 6229 times)

parking

Everything was going so well too!
I have been using MB for some years now, but this problem has just surfaced
I create a few auto playlists on my PC within MB of songs that have no rating value, so that I can listen to them on my ipod and rate them as I go.
In the past this has then synced back to the PC nad any ratings of 1 or 2 I delete from playlist and library. Then syncing reloads playlists with new set of tracks to listen to and rate.
Today I tried to sync back and I was able to delete the tracks I didn't want to keep OK, but the sync did not update the new playlists from the PC to the ipod.  The syncing goes through the motions of working but normally I would be asked a question about "do I really want to delete files from ipod" or something similar, I say "yes" then it goes about deleting and updating ratings, adding new tracks from PC to ipod etc. Today this question did not occur. I have tried emptying the playlists on the ipod completely, but after syncing, when told that syncing has been successful, they remain empty.
I have updated MB to 2.3.5173.
I wonder if I have tripped a switch in preferences somewhere without realising it.
Any ideas?

parking

and now the playlists, probably because I emptied them, have disappeared from the ipod.
I have tried rebooting the ipod, but it didn't help

parking

Uh oh

now when I have tried to sync I am getting a scanning device window, which doesn't show anything else, and this following message (and my ipod says "do not disconnect" - this may have something to do with a battery on its last legs  Question: would this cause the sync problem?)

MusicBee v2.3.5173.16173 (Win6.1), 12 Mar 2014 16:33:

System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.ValueCollection.Enumerator.MoveNext()
   at #=qVGBUpUell8dKkNVWbeKQ1AOHiR_ozTgUlr1oJJ70eLZkNI0p65qorYkuwlbghe0J.#=qwzl_R$_CHEW5Cg9Vzp7PMQ4uXOM9xKXA3xsdne7ziiw=.#=qOsJwdidXUZjmwpCY5GrmTA==(FileStream #=qqLNLuky4fgrH3N4qgurAbQ==)
   at #=qVGBUpUell8dKkNVWbeKQ1AOHiR_ozTgUlr1oJJ70eLZkNI0p65qorYkuwlbghe0J.#=q6XzHLspekMsEwkD6JQw3vQ==.#=q0kJSfuC7Fu1dJ9JaFbqprg==()
   at #=q2nBjYOTrTeaMjjog3pLrCeZA8POSdfy5FIFRdBYnfH8=.#=q6W$JnwcfZa7bnKDJsgydBQ==(Dictionary`2 #=qrRdUR3U3VAo650pYRjAAn31OCMwWExn6L3rwdvtP4$4=, List`1 #=qC_IvGi2V$AKr9vS6RKB799SRVN1z1j6Bjp6vmTBasxo=, Object #=qMqziSg9Hn2Sse4RJwGjs$OxYsF4s8kf2d0IzKJcmyGQ=)
   at #=q2nBjYOTrTeaMjjog3pLrCeZA8POSdfy5FIFRdBYnfH8=.#=qbpB0E8RKDvLPmuwx8QNSUw==(Object #=qL3mwXoal44MLOnNKigpxMb5iAnpqJ5Ic13tyQCbyoGU=)
   at #=q1flAbJ7ubEQjI3TmWAtxM6xg42JosDxRs9OZp8hBYXY=.#=q2xLT68_oIAUoKc5OxzNIoKlnmtxBclsYIEsNGGemyRk=(Object #=q4Xl9nSeXKHXl_bbA$4roNg==)

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
I've only very quickly scanned this thread as I'm slightly pressed for time right now but I have never managed to get auto playlists to work with my iPod classic. I figured it was likely something to do with Apple but it may be a MB bug. I'll see what others in this community think..
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

parking

Hmmm... well it may be worse than not updating the playlists when syncing.
When I check MB I see that I have 15,000 odd tracks. After syncing, but when still connected to MB my ipod says that I have 160 more tracks on the ipod than in MB, which means the syncing isn't actually occurring at all, even tho MB tells me it is complete.
Looks like I will have to restore the ipod thru itunes nad see if that fixes the sync problem. I will hold off for a little while to see if anybody on the forum is able to help me in some way.

boroda

You can try this plugin:

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/IPod_%26_iPhone_Driver

it should work if itunes works fine (i suggest this is the case).

parking

I'm not sure what to do now. to let you know what I have done, I have closed MB, opened iTunes, restored the ipod, Open MB, the ipod has synced (so all my music is back on the ipod), but no playlists have synced.
I keep all my music in folders labelled alphabetically, and do not allow them to sync with iTunes.
Is it still a good idea to try this plugin.
Next problem If I SHOULD GO AHEAD is in the setting up iTunes.  is in this part:
Enable "Edit> Preferences> Devices> Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically" iTunes option to speed up working with your device. If you need to auto-synchronize your device use device preferences in MusicBee.
I can open this window but the window is too small for me to see what is selected, and I cannot make the window any larger. Is this a vital step?
Note that when I connect my ipod to PC and open iTunes, the first page in my IPOD DEVICE in iTunes has the box ticked to manually manage music and videos.

I will wait to hear from you before I go any further.
I don't really understand why this has all happened, it was all going so well....

BeeBeeKing

maybe you initialized your ipod on a late version of iTunes recently?, I read somewhere this can cause problems with musicbee.

parking

That could well be the case, I did not realise until just now, by reading other problems on this forum, that MB does not support ipods anymore. It has been some time since I visited here because my ipod and MB worked so well up til now.
I have overcome it by creating the plylists manually on the ipod, then transferring the list across from MB by dragging them to the ipod playlist. Apart from being more time consuming, can anybody see any problems doing it this way?

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
That's what I was doing. I used to have an autoplaylist in MB of tracks I'd loved on last.fm and from time to time would manually drag the files from the autoplaylist into the static playlist within the iPod
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here