Author Topic: Lyrics Unwound  (Read 3351 times)

WannaBee

Most of my music collection could be classified as popular "oldies". In my particular case I date-stamp the "oldies" genre as pre-1980. Auto-searching for the lyrics for these "oldies" fails more than 95% of the time, when at the same time googling the lyrics turns up copious sources. The latter however, is too time consuming to deploy fulltime. Is there not an easy, uncomplicated way for a user to add his own lyrics sources?

Thanks.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Have you tried the Lyrics Reloaded plugin?

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Lyrics_Plugin#LyricsReloaded_Plugin

I believe it has a way to add sources, as well, though you have to get into the guts of it a little bit.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

WannaBee

Thank you for your comment, scampbll:

I did try to use LyricsReloaded Plugin. I did, however, emphasize that the method offered should be both easy and uncomplicated, which, from my point of view, this plugin lacks. In your own words it requires that a user get into the guts of it a little bit.

I am really holding out for a dummy-friendly, preferably integrated solution, and will surely appreciate any further comments on this subject.

Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 02:32:49 PM by WannaBee

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
I've fiddled around with lyrics a little bit but since they seem to not sync to my iPod I kind of gave up with them. I add them to MB whenever I feel like it which admittedly isn't very often.
I would +1 a wish if you create it to be able to manually sort lyric sources but I don;t know what challenges this would cause as I'm sure it's not something that no one else has asked for before (I've not searched though for this)
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

WannaBee

@greenday1987:

I am off on a tack here, but just seeing that OiNK-signature of yours stirred some good memories and made me sad all over again for its demise. Nothing, but nothing that I am aware of, has since come even close to the OiNK-setup.

Cheers!