Author Topic: Db Poweramp....what did I do wrong? Worst digtal recording ever...  (Read 2005 times)

Russellc

Please don't rush to defend Dbpoweramp, I know its a good program and the problem is on my end.  I purchased it yesterday, downloaded and started playing with it.  I started with a CD I had not previously added to my Music Bee collection, Sade, Love deluxe.  Not the best CD in the world, but it was in perfect shape visually.  I burned it and every track verified.  My settings were Flac, and I chose Secure, assuming my drive detected c errors, (at least they showed on bad CDs with a MusicBee rip) chose 1 ,2 and 1 as the re rip choices it recommended for devices that could detect them.  I did not perform the test with the blacked out pie slice on an old CD.  I chose level 5 as recommended for compression. 

I transferred to MusicBee by opening file, add to library, and moved it track by track to Music Bee.  It sounded congested, not at all like I remembered it.  No air around the voice or instruments, sort of like something was being overdriven to distortion.  As a test, I recued it up, and placed the CD in a 1990s Phillips CD player as transport, and a DAC also from the 90s, Audio Alchemy single bit, way outdated technology.  It walked all over my expensive lap top with MusicBee, Audioquest Dragonfly and jitterbug.

Then I deleted the file from MusicBee, and reburned it using MusicBee, Wasapi output.  Results were every track "partially Accurate", I didn't rerip, just left it as was.  Playback was by far, the best so far by a large margin.  I understand it outperforming the hardware from the 90's, but what did I do to screw up the burn with dBPoweramp?

Confused,

Russellc

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Wouldn't this be a better question for a dbpoweramp forum?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Russellc

Yes and No.  It will likely appear there also, but many here use dBpoweramp as a ripping program, and also, obviously use MusicBee.  Also, I wanted to share the fact that despite the popular software giving me a weird result, Musicbee did a (despite the "Partially accurate" notation) a stupendous result.  I guess you are not familiar with the other software.
, and that's OK.

Russellc
Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 06:28:41 PM by Russellc