Author Topic: Double click does not start a track playing  (Read 3519 times)

WimYogya

Hello all,
Its been a while I had a question. MB just worked perfectly for me.
But since a few days (newest release?) no more.
When I double click a track in the main screen it used to start playing while being added to the Now Playing list.
Same if I would select multiple tracks and right click Now Playing.

But now no more...
The selected track(s) is/are added to the Now Playing list, but then immediately skipped: the existing next track in the list will be played.
Effectively this means that I never can play the track I want to hear.

Am not aware of any problem on my side.
Even rescanned the whole library for issues. None found.
Has some setting in Now Playing or elsewhere been changed?
I do notice (for the first time) that certain tracks in the Now Playing list have a ranking number (1 to 16), what do these little blocks mean?
Any other suggestion?

Thanks for help!
Wim
WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia

redwing

Check settings under Preferences> Now Playing >now playing list and make sure all setting are set as you intended. Those little numbers show how tracks are currently queued for playback.

WimYogya

I already checked those settings, they are all as they have always been: play now, play now, queue selected tracks next and play now.
So?
Are those little numbers new? Never saw them before? Not clear how the actual play order of them is determined.
WimYogya

WimYogya

Hm, I changed this setting to 'clear list and play selected tracks only' or: all tracks.
Now I can again hear what I want to hear.
But, still strange:
I had the 'queue selected tracks next and play now' since I started using MB (as far as I remember).
In the past it did what it says: it inserts the selected track(s) below the actual playing track, then starts playing the inserted track(s) till all done, then continues playing the existing now playing list.
Why is this different now?
WimYogya

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I already checked those settings, they are all as they have always been: play now, play now, queue selected tracks next and play now.

I think you're right that something's not working as expected.  I have these settings and they work fine for playing individual tracks and/or if the Now Playing List is empty.   However, if there are existing tracks in the list, shuffle is on, and I use "Play Now" on more than one track, they are added to the queue with the little numbers.  Then anything else added gets moved to the bottom of the queue and will not be played immediately.  So they are not being queued next, they are being queued last.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)