Author Topic: Looking for a way to turn a long single file playlist into individual tracks.  (Read 3982 times)

DMC1985

I just recently moved all 260GB of my music from iTunes to MusicBee and am loving the ability to organize and customize my music.

Although I am glad to have so many more options with MusicBee over iTunes, there is one area I still haven't been able to figure out. I have some old concert tracks and also some playlists from music sites that are just one large mp3 file. In iTunes I could use this method to split the large file into individual tracks (http://lifehacker.com/369944/create-individual-tracks-from-one-long-concert-track-in-itunes).

Is there a way in MusicBee to "break up" files the same way via converting the larger single file into the separate individual tracks?

I've added the additional mp3 and acc extensions as well. So I've had no problems burning and converting other files. Just need to figure out how to do this.

Thanks!   

Zak

• Global Moderator
There's no way in MusicBee to separate your long single track into individual songs.
There are two solutions you could consider:

* Use an editing program like mp3directcut to save each song in its own file which can be tagged separately.
* Create a CUE sheet which lists the start and end times of each individual song within your original file. MusicBee will read this and list the song titles separately, even though you still have the original uninterrupted mp3 file on your hard drive.

CUE sheets might be the better option, but I don't use them so someone else might suggest a good program for creating them.
Bee excellent to each other...

Diedrict

Steven

• Administrator
you could also try doing the same thing as suggested in that article. You can set the start and end time in a file using the Settings tab in the tag editor. Then right click on the file/ Send To/ Convert Format.
The suggestions from the others above might be a better approach though.