Author Topic: Shuffle 'higher rated tracks preferred' Workings and Customization  (Read 3153 times)

Technical_Ecstasy

I was wondering if anyone could explain in more depth the workings of the aforementioned setting. I tried to do my own homework, but came up empty. I wouldn't know where to look for in-depths on any Musicbee minutia really.

Beyond that what I'd like to be able to do is set the probability of plays to best suit me, that is to say 3-stars are played at base probability, 4.5-stars at twice the base, unrated at 0.8 times the base rate, ban get played never, etc. Also having recent plays (whether via shuffle play or otherwise) decrease play probability would be great. I'm not posting this in suggestions because I'm not sure there's already more powerful functionality that I just don't know about. So does anyone know of any methods to get it working more to my liking? Thanks.

OrB

a complicated way ...
1. set up a library filter as base
   main rule is : rating is not null (the bomb - does not include unrated)
   the bomb-symbol is available near the player-ratings ,but will work like ban in this case
2. set up some autoplaylists
   in music source : library - you can find this new 'Bomb'-filter
   choose here genre, artist, playcount, ... 
3. set up the playlist-mixer   
   set the number of titles of the different playlists to your needs

Technical_Ecstasy

Okay, I'm getting the idea. More powerful song selection can be made by setting up auto-playlists with certain rules, and a playlist mixer that selects from these with its own rules. I'd actually seen the HOWTO thread, but I wasn't making any sense of it, but OrB's little note was the boost I needed to make it all click. So the answer was right in front of me in the program the whole time. I just never use playlists of any kind, and when I think of them I think of them as tools to listen to a subsection of my music, and so didn't think to look there for a way to select from my library as a whole. Now that I see my task though, it actually sounds like fun figuring out the best way to make it work for me. I haven't even started using it, and I'm wondering how I ever got by with the shuffle of a mere mortal. So thanks to everyone.